The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

If anything was swapped out COTD for 2 Minutes or Revelations

Wasted Years for Sanctuary , Running Free or Hills as they have closed with that before

Rest will pretty much stay intact, wouldnt mind seeing Blood Brothers swapped for a song from AMOLAD tho or Ghost Of The Navigator / BNW

If anything was swapped out COTD for 2 Minutes or Revelations

Wasted Years for Sanctuary , Running Free or Hills as they have closed with that before

Rest will pretty much stay intact, wouldnt mind seeing Blood Brothers swapped for a song from AMOLAD tho or Ghost Of The Navigator / BNW

Yeah, Blood Brothers would be the top song I would like to see go

Children for Brave New World
Tears for TMTM
Blood Brothers for Coming Home

I think that would be awesome!

I've always had a hot spot for The man of sorrows (either it being Maiden's or Bruce's version,lol). I'd love to see it being played live.

I'd really love to have something from DOD and/or AMOLAD show up. Also I thought coming home would become a staple....wishful thinking I guess.

TRATB ... I am sure it will stay in the setlist ...I have 2 problems with the song

1) Call my a cynic, but when hearing the Whoa-oh-oh-oh part, I pictured Steve writing the song and saying "we need a crowd participation part" and to me it just seems contrived
I love that about the song, just like Heaven can wait and The wicker man, made to be played live

I've said it the last couple of years... but I would love anything from The Final Frontier for the US portion, since we didn't get an appropriate tour back in 2010-11 (only having El Dorado played live).

I would personally love to see Coming Home or The Talisman. Maybe swap out COTD and Blood Brothers for those two and the setlist would be perfect for me.

A scary thought. Just wonder what we'd get in terms of reunion era songs on a farewell tour?
Maybe el dorado. ....maybe 1 from each? Man that set list from 2010 was incredible- In hindsight i wish I had gone to more shows that year. You don't know what you got til it's gone. :S

One from each album makes sense, but then you're likely to be talking about 17 albums. Would there be enough room in the setlist for one from each, incorporating all the expected 'classics'? Maybe they'd do it by era? Selections from: early 80s, mid 80s, late 80s, 90s, and reunion.

The only way they can do a satisfactory "farwell tour" setlist, is if they a longer show maybe with up to around 20 songs, but with less shows and longer gaps between them.

Whether that's possible, it depends on the band's stamina when it comes to it. But if they went out one last time with the usual 16 song setlist, a lot of people will be dissapointed, and a lot of the band's history will be left unrepresented.

I could be very wrong but "Steve Harris" and "Farewell Tour" don't mix well with me. I think as long as Steve wants and can keep the band going he is going to....and when it's done for whatever reason that is it. Deciding to the throw in the towel on Maiden and do a farewell tour seems very un-Maiden and Steve-ish :p

Back