The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I think the difference isn't in the distance travelled, although I am sure you found it very inconvenient Demigod_Tyek, but more in the population densities of the related areas vs Iron Maiden fans. Starting in 2012 with the Maiden England World Tour, Iron Maiden has played 42 times in the USA, a total theoretical capacity of 871259 (without including Canadian dates, which are accessible to many Americans). The UK has had a total of 5 concerts, with a capacity of somewhere around 150,000. Given the density of Iron Maiden sales in the UK compared to the USA, I think the USA had a much, much greater access over the past two tours.

Parts of the US have access to Maiden (i.e., New York, LA, and Florida). A much better comparison would be all of the dates in the US vs all of the dates in Europe. If you live in North Carolina, it really doesn't matter than Maiden played Los Angeles? Likewise if you live in Cardiff, does it really matter that Maiden played Trieste?

Yah that is wack. The chance of Maiden coming back to North America this year is high on my list of reasons for waking up in the morning.
It would be appreciated if we had the freedom to seek info on said event(s) here on this IRON MAIDEN fan sight without being scolded. That being said, any info yet? :innocent:

I honestly doubt we'll see anything more than 15 North America dates at a time from here on out, whether it be a summer tour or not. The band can make way more money and sell out nearly every show by making them events worth traveling to.

The selfish part of me is fine with that since Denver will always be a stop as long as they continue the ed force one thing. Much easier to play here as a plane stop before Vegas or CA than going by road.

That being said, any info yet? :innocent:

Not really anything other than going on Bruce's comments at several of the concerts last year that "they'd be back soon". He said this at least in Tulsa and Chicago, as I went to both. In Chicago, I recall him specifically saying they'd be back "next year".

And there were rumors at the time (going back to July/August) that they'd hit up some US and Canada cities for some outdoor summer shows. How likely this is looking though, I'm not sure anymore. Their European tour lasts until the end of May, and Steve Harris has confirmed British Lion dates starting at the end of July. So this leaves only June and the first half of July open to speculation. Which I'd cross out July as I doubt they'd still be touring as Iron Maiden that close to British Lion's tour dates (unless Steve just doesn't want a break in between?)

The fact that Maiden have played the odd English festival since 2011 is no use to me. For each of those one off festival dates I have been unable to attend for various reasons. And even if I was physically able to go there are financial considerations. I live in Ireland so theres flights to consider. Ok, everyone makes some kind of sacrifice to attend a gig but arena gigs are a fraction of the sacrifice and committment in terms of time and money. No one can say that the UK/Ireland has had a decent crack of the whip in recent times.
At the end of the day we all want more Maiden but I would like the opportunity not to have to fork out 100s of ££ for the privilege. I understand the issue with BoS last year but one UK gig for Maiden England? Somewhere Back in Time? Brave New World Tour? Scandalous. We was shafted!!

Well I for one am fed up with Iron Maidens imperialistic touring regime, 'bout time they adopted protectionist attitudes at did a 6 date tour of Northern Ireland. They could play the SSE arena and....er....well, I hear Van Morrison has a big enough garden....

The fact that Maiden have played the odd English festival since 2011 is no use to me. For each of those one off festival dates I have been unable to attend for various reasons. And even if I was physically able to go there are financial considerations. I live in Ireland so theres flights to consider. Ok, everyone makes some kind of sacrifice to attend a gig but arena gigs are a fraction of the sacrifice and committment in terms of time and money. No one can say that the UK/Ireland has had a decent crack of the whip in recent times.
At the end of the day we all want more Maiden but I would like the opportunity not to have to fork out 100s of ££ for the privilege. I understand the issue with BoS last year but one UK gig for Maiden England? Somewhere Back in Time? Brave New World Tour? Scandalous. We was shafted!!

And let us not mention the ZERO UK gigs when Bruce and Adrian rejoined for the Ed Hunter Tour in 1999.
I will never forgive the gits for that slap in the face to all UK fans.
Get 'em Eddie!! ;)

We're Brits, it's pretty much a corner stone of our culture to be bitter about shit.

I was one during the Ed Hunter Tour, and I'm still bitter about it.

And to rub salt in the wound, not only was it a historic return for 2 important band members .... the set list was freaking awesome on that tour!

Back