The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I made 2 photos so far... I'm the one on the right barely holding the scarf with my eyes closed... my uncle is to my immediate right. :) I don't recall the photographer's name though... If someone else sees these pics somewhere and it mentions them, let me know. I want to give them credit...

It's a guy on stilts but they might use a remote control for like the head/jaw movement or if there's any eye lightning or perhaps arm movement etc that the guy in the costume can't control. I think that's how it works anyways.

Some of my thoughts after watching bits of Ft. Lauderdale footage:

Stage looks so amazing, one of the best out of recent album tours. Great backdrops. Those hanging jungle vines are a nice detail. Vibe is very nice in general. Eddie looked cool, but some of his obscene gestures didn't fit TBoS at all... I think I'd prefer him appearing on a different song. (I'm wondering if they'll upgrade the big Iron Maiden Eddie later on - I expected him to hold a heart or something like that.) What also didn't fit TBoS IMO was the blue light, but that's a minor thing... I guess they are going for the look of the backdrop artwork with blue background, but I 'imagined the song' in warmer colours. I'm tired of blue, they use it a lot. It's probably just me, though. I love the show's intro, it's epic. I was very surprised that Bruce actually appeared and sang to it. It would probably sound better if he wasn't overdubbed by the tape, but who knows, maybe it helps him keep the tempo since there's no beat. Show-wise it's perfect. And I like the hoodie. :p

New songs sound great, Bruce nails them for the most part (given his age and illness). Guitars are fantastic (solos sound very inspired), Nicko is still solid. It's interesting to see Janick with a Les Paul but bloody hell - it doesn't fit him! :bigsmile: It's also interesting that apparently it's an Epiphone. I don't like Dave's new Strat with this ugly 70s headstock. :p As I had mentioned somewhere before - Bruce sounds like there has never been any cancer. He strains, but not more than we've already seen. I was surprised how well he sang Speed of Light and TBoS chorus exceeded my expectations (lots of straining but overall it was good IMO). TRatB sounds the most difficult for him. Now the question is - will future gigs wear him down or will he keep getting better at some of the difficult moments. Usually it's the latter, let's hope for it.

Setlist is OK, it flows very good. Besides new songs, Powerslave and CotD are obviously the highlights, I'm very glad they picked them. It's interesting (and great!) to see WY as the closer, but I'd like to get something different than BB (ideally, I would replace it with Breeg). I doubt the setlist will change because of how they advertised it on social media. (RIP spoiler-sensitive people).

DVD, PLEASE.

Btw. has anyone posted the full concert here already? You can't see anything, but audio is pretty good.

Thank you for finding this! Listening at work today... hey, if you squint really hard you can see me down the front! ;) :D

What also didn't fit TBoS IMO was the blue light, but that's a minor thing... I guess they are going for the look of the backdrop artwork with blue background, but I 'imagined the song' in warmer colours.

Interesting. I imagine jungle green or sunset yellow. I'm not sure if the colour is getting distorted here, too. I'm sure some of the close-up pics and videos show lights in other colours as being more dominant on stage.

Thank you for finding this! Listening at work today... hey, if you squint really hard you can see me down the front! ;) :D
Behind the drum kit? ;)

Interesting. I imagine jungle green or sunset yellow. I'm not sure if the colour is getting distorted here, too. I'm sure some of the close-up pics and videos show lights in other colours as being more dominant on stage.
I imagine sunset orange all the way. :bigsmile: Something like the last stage of Speed of Light video. To be honest, the imagery in lyrics is a bit like that: golden paradise, fire, sun. But maybe I'm just picking to my advantage. ;) Greenish backdrop (maybe the one from IESF) with orange/yellow/red lights would be perfect. The artwork they used is kind of meh for such an epic.

Bruce sound good to me,but you can see the different before and after cancer,you can hear him not reaching hight notes in some songs that he has done in last tours.

but,im going to support the guy 100%

I got serious goosebumps during that intro with Bruce hovering over that boiling cauldron singing the intro- it was a magical moment to start that show.
I was happy with the setlist, I think Tears of a Clown was the one clunker- I just dont like that song and adds an extra ballad type song. Blood Brothers is a great live song and Jannicks solo in that is always so inspiring. Powerslave is one of my favorites and always a treat as my first Maiden show was the World Slavery Tour in Lakeland way back when.

I've been looking for some good Speed of Light footage... Not that many recordings out there. Here's the best I've found:

This turned out to be a great live song. Lots of energy!

I've not listened to that many clips, but Bruce's voice sounds fine. I can't imagine it really sounding any different at the start of a tour.

Dave's going a bit nuts with the old whammy there! :shred:

I've been looking for some good Speed of Light footage... Not that many recordings out there. Here's the best I've found:

This turned out to be a great live song. Lots of energy!
Yep! Wish there was pyro in the beginning, when the whole band starts to play. Would have been quite cool I think. And Bruce did quite well, altough the chorus is hard for him. I like they way he sang "shadows in the stars, we will not return" the last time.

Reminder to all:
No posting details of the setlist in any other thread without clearly marked spoiler tags. (No spoilers at all in the spoiler-free TBOS tour thread). I've just issued a warning for one such post and we will ban anyone who doesn't check the rules on spoilers before posting.

Reminder to all:
No posting details of the setlist in any other thread without clearly marked spoiler tags. (No spoilers at all in the spoiler-free TBOS tour thread). I've just issued a warning for one such post and we will ban anyone who doesn't check the rules on spoilers before posting.
Name and shame! Name and shame! :p

Back