The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I doubt they'll extend this tour beyond the summer of next year. I can see them doing a US tour in late February, and then Europe late March, with the tour finishing in the UK in late April/early May.

From there, I can see them going back into the studio to write and record a new album for release in the spring of 2018. The band knows that time isn't on their side, and they'll want to record a new album as soon as possible before it's too late. From interviews in the past year, they definitely believe that they've got one more album in them.

What do you think of Bruce's performance in Hallowed be thy name? I think he's struggling a bit in this song, but maybe it's because it's the end of the tour...

He definitely sounds tired, even dragging behind the beat a bit in places. It always amazes me that they choose the final shows of their tours to stream/film, it's always when Bruce is worn out.

He definitely sounds tired, even dragging behind the beat a bit in places. It always amazes me that they choose the final shows of their tours to stream/film, it's always when Bruce is worn out.
Not always. Remember Rio (or were parts of these vocals redone?).

Well aren't there bootlegs of the original TV broadcast to prove or disprove the vocals being redone? Has anyone heard these?

I'm sure they were redone. I would not be shocked if 90% of live albums in history didn't have re-recorded vocals.
Yes, but how much of the concert would be redone? Even if it's 20 or 30 percent (not that I would like that, or even believe that), it still was an amazing performance.
Well aren't there bootlegs of the original TV broadcast to prove or disprove the vocals being redone? Has anyone heard these?
I've read several times about this gig being "redone" (vocal wise) (lately someone started about it again), but never heard much difference when I heard some songs from the TV broadcast. That said, I haven't heard the whole broadcast. Here it is:

Oh, I'm not saying it wasn't a brilliant performance and I'm also not completely against retouches on a live album: it's a product, it should still be the best it can be. Just stating what I think is probably a fact.

Well, the Book of Souls stream on Thursday comes at the end of the tour and I'm sure Bruce will have a few vocal issues (completely understandable due to the amount of touring, stress, age, illness, btw). The Maiden England stream from a couple years back was pretty bad and at the end of (I think?) an almost 2 year tour. Live After Death was recorded after a year and a half of touring and Bruce sounds pretty terrible on a lot of songs. I think it's pretty true, but surely not always. I also never stated that my first comment was a fact, though the syntax might sound like that was my intention. :bigsmile:

Although Bruce peaked at the beginning of the European leg of this tour, he is still in a pretty good shape. He is siniging better than on the 2014 ME leg (listen to TETMD from RAR, it's bad). He is also singing better than on the first three shows of this tour (Florida, Tulsa, Vegas), where he was obviously struggling with some songs.

Although Bruce peaked at the beginning of the European leg of this tour, he is still in a pretty good shape. He is siniging better than on the 2014 ME leg (listen to TETMD from RAR, it's bad). He is also singing better than on the first three shows of this tour (Florida, Tulsa, Vegas), where he was obviously struggling with some songs.
His peak this year must have been in South America. The gigs in Buenos Aires and Rio were incredible. Almost like Bruce from 10 years ago.

What do you think of Bruce's performance in Hallowed be thy name? I think he's struggling a bit in this song, but maybe it's because it's the end of the tour...

I've heard him worse. I actually think it's really good all things considered.

He is, but this is one of the very few songs in which Adrian does not play solos. Next to Bruce, Adrian is the middlepoint of the whole show.

About how Bruce sounds on Hallowed, I think he sounds amazing in the video above. If you want to hear bad, check out some performances from the Somewhere In Time tour. He was sick and literally talked his way through the song.

With having to keep an eye on my brother so much, I think I'll wait for a youtube upload of the stream so I can watch it without interruption.

I'm pretty sure they weren't at all. Bruce was quite outspoken back then, when people claimed they were redone. The rumour originated from Steve's silly copy-and-paste editing of chorus repeats, where Bruce didn't sing.

Redone in studio? No. Taken from another show (Chile and Argentina were also recorded, you can se the on - instrument cameras), possibly. Another thing that was possibly from another show was Janick's NOTB guitar track (or a part of it). He changes the guitar, probably because of tunning issues, which I don't hear.

Back