The Future Past Tour 2024

Yes. Otherwise it would be strange, because in Dortmund 2 he also added the words "We'll see you again soon" to this announcement. Although, "soon", well...

Look, Kevin Shirley is in Australia. Maiden tour begins in Australia the 1st of september. Bruce solo tour ends on 21st of july. Bruce will rest for 2 weeks after joining the band in Australia to train setlist for the 2nd leg of FPT. Since the end of january, Steve and the other members had plenty of time to work on new songs. Bruce will have enough time to put his voice on possible new songs between his rest and the beginning of new Maiden tour. And it's probable that the band will release the next album in early 2025.
No way. The only possible window they had to record an album was from January to March this year. However, Kevin Shirley kept travelling, Bruce too (especially now), and Adrian was in LA. Of course they could write something on their own but that's a long way from recording an album. They would never write/record the final product without having the whole band present, and since Bruce has basically only two to three free weeks there is no time to do it this year. They didn't have time in 2023 either, with Nicko's stroke and everything. If a new album is coming it will be recorded after the end of FTP (some newspaper mentioned it, but it's unclear if it did that as a joke).

No way. The only possible window they had to record an album was from January to March this year. However, Kevin Shirley kept travelling, Bruce too (especially now), and Adrian was in LA. Of course they could write something on their own but that's a long way from recording an album. They would never write/record the final product without having the whole band present, and since Bruce has basically only two to three free weeks there is no time to do it this year. They didn't have time in 2023 either, with Nicko's stroke and everything. If a new album is coming it will be recorded after the end of FTP (some newspaper mentioned it, but it's unclear if it did that as a joke).
That's why my first theory was the best one : they already did record the new album in late 2021 early 2022. ;) Because if they'd celebrate the 50th anniversary without having released a new album, it would be weird. But, as I don't believe that, I believe they will celebrate their anniversary with the release of a new album in 2025, it signifies that they've already recorded the album two years ago before going back on the road for the 3rd and last leg of LOTB tour. ;)

That's why my first theory was the best one : they already did record the new album in late 2021 early 2022. ;) Because if they'd celebrate the 50th anniversary without having released a new album, it would be weird. But, as I don't believe that, I believe they will celebrate their anniversary with the release of a new album in 2025, it signifies that they've already recorded the album two years ago before going back on the road for the 3rd and last leg of LOTB tour. ;)
We can absolutely dismiss the 2021 theory, they haven't and Bruce confirmed it. You can rule out early 2022 too, since Adrian was on tour from January to March.

Maiden didn't bother too much in celebrating anniversaries, but even if they want to do that, a greatest hit tour would be way more ideal than releasing an album.

We can absolutely dismiss the 2021 theory, they haven't and Bruce confirmed it. You can rule out early 2022 too, since Adrian was on tour from January to March.

Maiden didn't bother too much in celebrating anniversaries, but even if they want to do that, a greatest hit tour would be way more ideal than releasing an album.
We'll see what the future Maiden plans will bring to us, fans. :) We have to just wait and see. ;)

Just had an idea.

They could do "Maiden 50" tour. 20 shows around Europe using old pieces of stage production, minimzing the costs.
Record an album in early 2025 and release it in september (unlikely but who knows) or early 2026.

It would work only if it's a third leg of FP or, as I said earlier, something very cheap. No Iron Maiden tour (but I guess not a single tour from every other big band) lasted just one year since 2006.
I think they are done with the "release a new album and dedicate a tour around it" format.
It's very possible they could roll out a brand new tour next year with the intention to add dates up until 2026, if they did drop a surprise album before then they could add songs from it any time they choose, much like they did for Senjutsu .

With Bruce already hinting at a fall/winter solo tour I highly doubt Maiden will promote and drop album 18 while he is out doing that, so 2026 at the earliest is the safe bet, or not even one at all.

Back