The Future Past Tour 2024

I can’t wait for the new aquatic themed studio album and tour, beginning in 2026, which will also feature the return of Rime, Ghost of the Navigator, The Talisman, and other nautical themed songs. It will be a new album tour with a couple deep cuts and the setlist staples returning as well.

I can’t wait for the new aquatic themed studio album and tour, beginning in 2026, which will also feature the return of Rime, Ghost of the Navigator, The Talisman, and other nautical themed songs. It will be a new album tour with a couple deep cuts and the setlist staples returning as well.
You made me remember this one from a couple of years ago:

a033b640-9947-4ef1-8301-b8263afd42ea-jpeg.13474

I'm more than fine with Maiden ending (?) in 2026. I remember a couple of interviews when AMOLAD came out, bringing up the issue of retirement. Steve said something along the line of "we treasure every show, because we know this will not be forever, we're not young and Nicko is whatever years old doing a physical set", and "I have always said that Maiden will do 14 studio albums". Mind you, I was 16 at the time and immediately changed my MSN screen name into something dramatic about how I was deeply saddened, mortified and whatever about the fact that Maiden had done their final album.

So essentially, I had less than two years as a Maiden fan without the spectre of retirement in full view. It has been coming for a long time and if they call it quits tomorrow, with no more tours and nothing else than more Maiden Beer, I don't think I would sulk, I would just be thankful for about 15-17 more years than I thought I was getting when I was 16.

I'm more than fine with Maiden ending (?) in 2026. I remember a couple of interviews when AMOLAD came out, bringing up the issue of retirement. Steve said something along the line of "we treasure every show, because we know this will not be forever, we're not young and Nicko is whatever years old doing a physical set", and "I have always said that Maiden will do 14 studio albums". Mind you, I was 16 at the time and immediately changed my MSN screen name into something dramatic about how I was deeply saddened, mortified and whatever about the fact that Maiden had done their final album.

So essentially, I had less than two years as a Maiden fan without the spectre of retirement in full view. It has been coming for a long time and if they call it quits tomorrow, with no more tours and nothing else than more Maiden Beer, I don't think I would sulk, I would just be thankful for about 15-17 more years than I thought I was getting when I was 16.
Didn't Steve say 15 albums? I've felt the same way and remember a flurry of panic when they announced that the 15th album was to be called The Final Frontier. It made sense at the time too, they had just done a giant nostalgia tour and were now going to ride into the sunset with a final album. Things have changed since then, but for many reasons (covid, cancer, etc) I have expected each Maiden show since 2010 to be my last.

Edit: I have to say I am also concerned about where Bruce's voice and Nicko's drumming are at. The band has been on top form for a pretty long time and would hate to see them fizzle out with mostly mediocre performances toward the end.

Reactions: Yax
Didn't Steve say 15 albums? I've felt the same way and remember a flurry of panic when they announced that the 15th album was to be called The Final Frontier. It made sense at the time too, they had just done a giant nostalgia tour and were now going to ride into the sunset with a final album. Things have changed since then, but for many reasons (covid, cancer, etc) I have expected each Maiden show since 2010 to be my last.
Ah, I might have dramatically changed my name to "boohoo, Maiden will only do one more album!!!11oneoneoen" or something to that effect. 15 sounds about right.

Well they know they can't bring out deeper cuts only for a stadium tour. The Future Past is basically an arena tour almost everywhere after all.
Can't argue with that. With newer songs or not, the shows will be packed, we know it.
Edit: I have to say I am also concerned about where Bruce's voice and Nicko's drumming are at. The band has been on top form for a pretty long time and would hate to see them fizzle out with mostly mediocre performances toward the end.
Me too (not for Bruce), but I don't think they'll allow it, especially Nicko.
I'd rather have SSOASS again instead of Rime, but as long as TFP doesn't extend to a third leg I'll be happy.
Rime is a whole experience live, I'll always want to see it, Seventh Son is great - but I'd rather have To Tame A Land now.

Edit: I wouldn't mind a 3rd leg if they play any of the other SJ songs from the album.

Last edited:
Bruce's voice is not a problem. I mean, in 2022 he closed the set with Aces High, which is difficult for a 20 years old. All in standard tuning.
I don't think Bruce will lose more high notes at this point, but even in that case, they can still drop the tuning and he wouldn't has the smallest problem.

Nicko, on the other hand, is another matter. I'm sure he's not giving 100% every night of a tour (he said that in 1988 ) to keep the overall performance good, but he's only getting older and it's not gonna be easy. That being said, in Calgary last year Steve asked to slow down CSIT. Even after what he had Nicko is still capable of surprising.

Last edited:
Bruce's voice is not a problem. I mean, in 2022 he closed the set with Aces High, which is difficult for a 20 years old. All in standard tuning.
It's subjective of course, but I really dislike how Aces High sounded like in 2022.

I don't think Bruce will lose more high notes at this point, but even in that case, they can still drop the tuning and he wouldn't has the smallest problem.
I agree with that. Many songs on his solo albums are downtuned and Bruce (mostly) sounds great on them.

And it was terrible.

But considering how he sounded in 2023, it's not a major concern.

Honestly he wasn't. I mean, if you're hearing the performance at RiR he was, but as always he was sick during that festival. I remember hearing a lot of good renditions of that song in 2022 (keeping in mind that of course he was tired as hell)

Didn't Steve say 15 albums? I've felt the same way and remember a flurry of panic when they announced that the 15th album was to be called The Final Frontier.

He did, but it was something like "I've always thought we'd do 15 albums" when they were promoting the 15th album, and he'd never mentioned anything along those lines anytime before that

And on the Iron Maiden side, what’s new?

We will tour from August to December 2024. I finish my solo concerts in July, I will have three weeks off, then I leave with Maiden for around forty shows. In 2025, I already have around 90 concerts planned, solo or with the group, over a period of around eight months.

Back