The Future Past Tour 2024

^ @Azas it's quite a hilarious point to argue Futureal fits better with the Future Past Tour because of its name than Days Of Future Past, which single-handedly gave the name to the tour. Not a good point, but a hilarious one nonetheless :D

And DOFP is definitely one of the better suited newer live songs. It got better responses than DOTC for example. I adore Futureal and it is my favorite album opener, but there are other songs that deserve replacing before we talk about DOFP. Though yeah, the chorus is painful.

I think Maiden is probably done playing Blaze era songs from here on out. Perhaps we might see Clansman again on their last tour or something but that's it. Just a feeling, of course I could be proven wrong. Personally wouldn't mind Futureal, but not in the Future Past setlist.

I think Maiden is probably done playing Blaze era songs from here on out. Perhaps we might see Clansman again on their last tour or something but that's it. Just a feeling, of course I could be proven wrong. Personally wouldn't mind Futureal, but not in the Future Past setlist.
I don't know if they're done entirely, but I think Sign and Clansman are the only ones that have a chance of getting dusted off again, since Bruce really likes those two (and they're easy on his voice). You can tell he's into Sign and Clansman, whereas he sounded like he was going through the motions in the versions I've heard of the other ones (LotF, MotE, Futureal), IMO.

I don't know if they're done entirely, but I think Sign and Clansman are the only ones that have a chance of getting dusted off again, since Bruce really likes those two (and they're easy on his voice). You can tell he's into Sign and Clansman, whereas he sounded like he was going through the motions in the versions I've heard of the other ones (LotF, MotE, Futureal), IMO.
I would like to hear bruce sing "The Aftermath", "Blood On The World's Hands", "The Educated Fool", "Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger" and "Como Estais Amigos". <3

On the upcoming tour it would be wise to replace Days of Future Past song. 1) This song is very so so live. 4) Really, this song live is about nothing, show's mood killer. Please swap this song with explosive and to the point Futureal. You see, it also contains word Future, like Days of Future Past. 1) This song very well fits the theme of the tour....
Futureal would have been perfect for the current tour's theme (instead of Can I Play With Madness) and I'd love to hear it again, but Days Of Future Past not only gave the tour its name, but it's also a great song. Live too (minus the middle part). Massive chorus! One of their best short rockers imo - and if it had a guitar harmony, it would rival the classics for me. Classic Adrian and Bruce song.
I think Maiden is probably done playing Blaze era songs from here on out. Perhaps we might see Clansman again on their last tour or something but that's it. Just a feeling, of course I could be proven wrong.
I think you might be right, although Bruce likes both Clansman and Sign Of The Cross a lot. Futureal too, btw.

I finally watched the Wacken compilation. It's probably not necessary to comment further on the mix, guitar tone :D etc.,
but what struck me again is how Bruce promises to see us again.
He said the same thing in Dortmund 2 where I was. I would normally take something like that as an announcement for next year, but apparently that was blah and he means such things very broadly, sometime, somewhere...

I would like to hear bruce sing "The Aftermath", "Blood On The World's Hands", "The Educated Fool", "Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger" and "Como Estais Amigos". <3
Lots of songs in the Blaze era that could be adapted to Bruce's more theatrical style, and would sound all the better for it. I say that as a big fan of the Blaze era, too. Bonus is that they're already set to be sung in a more comfortable range for Bruce's...um, maturing pipes, we'll say.

Lots of songs in the Blaze era that could be adapted to Bruce's more theatrical style, and would sound all the better for it. I say that as a big fan of the Blaze era, too. Bonus is that they're already set to be sung in a more comfortable range for Bruce's...um, maturing pipes, we'll say.
Agree with you, @CA Bryers. :) And I also think that Bruce's more theatrical style could fit to the track "The Unbeliever", that could become more interesting and much more twisted than originally. ;)

Last edited:
A video of ATG live this year came up in my recommendations on YouTube. It reminded me of a lovely moment this year at the O2. When the boys were playing the intro to Alexander, I was looking at the rows behind me and caught the attention of another Maiden fan who was looking my way. We exchanged the look of ‘Fuck yeah here we go!’ Has anyone else had experiences like this at Maiden gigs?

A video of ATG live this year came up in my recommendations on YouTube. It reminded me of a lovely moment this year at the O2. When the boys were playing the intro to Alexander, I was looking at the rows behind me and caught the attention of another Maiden fan who was looking my way. We exchanged the look of ‘Fuck yeah here we go!’ Has anyone else had experiences like this at Maiden gigs?
For the 2012 Maiden England show I was hyped beyond measure as it was going to be the first time I saw Maiden with Bruce since 1992. 20 years is a long time. My friend and I met a couple guys beforehand on the concourse and they were hyped just like me for the same reason. We've all had a few by then and you thought we were gearing up to go to battle, lol.

Dave Shack looked straight at me in Ljubljana during Alexander the Great and had the biggest smile you could imagine. I gave him a thumbs up and he did the same.

I know it’s a complete long shot, but since they”re starting with the Australian and Asian legs (ie. the leg that got missed through COVID on Legacy), I’d be really excited if they could slot Flight of Icarus in somewhere. It’s nice and short and gives Bruce a chance to wield the flame again.

I feel the only song that has a small chance of returning to the set (including the old classics) is Stratego. And that is very very doubtful, to say the least.

I know it’s a complete long shot, but since they”re starting with the Australian and Asian legs (ie. the leg that got missed through COVID on Legacy), I’d be really excited if they could slot Flight of Icarus in somewhere. It’s nice and short and gives Bruce a chance to wield the flame again.
It is a bummer you guys missed out on the Legacy tour. Hearing Flight again and the way it was presented was truly special.

Back