The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been less than 24 hours and I already found a website selling bootleg shirts of the Future Past tour. For anyone wondering, this is the website: https://reprotees.com/product/iron-maiden-the-future-past-2023-tour-shirt/

I hope the real shirts at the concerts look the same with some dates on the back. I think that'd be great! Either that or a new artwork similar to the LotB art of the fight between Samurai Eddie and Cyborg Eddie.

Attachments

• 12124-64.jpg
    12124-64.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 12124-63.jpg
    12124-63.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 12124-65.jpg
    12124-65.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 11
  • 12124-66.jpg
    12124-66.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
It is interesting because I've posted this news almost 2 months ago as I've gathered a lot of hints and moderator or admin locked my thread and said: "It's a fiction."

And I knew... I am not crazy. I can feel some things and I can do a good detective work. :)

They knew this since at least new year.

Nicko, during his gigs, stated that full Senjutsu is out of the window, they will probably play 5-6 Senjustu songs and that they will probably play ATG. That combined with various members wanting to play SIASL, the managment probably thought it's a good idea to cash in on SIT.
And because Steve wants to film the SIT songs.
My theory, at the risk of sounding like RLonger, is that the band didn't think a full Senjutsu tour would go down very well after the criticism
they received on the Matter of Life and Death tour and first leg of the Final Frontier tour. There seemed to be less of it on the Book of Souls tour, but I think that was more down to everyone being glad to see Bruce fighting fit after his cancer scare. Couple that with Senjutsu not hitting the top spot in the UK and somewhat mixed responses to the Senjutsu tracks on LOTB and they probably decided they needed something to draw in classic fans. Can't do a history tour on top of a history tour so, fuck it, we haven't done SiT yet, let's go.
I can't deny all of that. Especially the last sentence.
Or maybe they originally planned on finishing LOTB, releasing Senjutsu and doing a proper tour for it and then a SIT tour afterwards. Due to the pandemic costing them a lot of time they might've combined two tours.
^ This.
By the time these two tours are done, we'll have heard 7-8 songs off Senjutsu. That's more than a lot of albums have received and certainly the most since AMOLAD.

We may wish for a proper album tour, but I think they're being pretty smart about incorporating a ton of new material into their previous commitments
Senjutsu deserved its own proper album tour, no matter what. TFP tour will feel more like a SIT History tour because of the stage set.
Yep, that's seem plausible to me. Logically thinking 2020 should have been LOTB tour with one new teaser song (Writing on the Wall), release album autumn 2020. Tour Senjutsu album 2021-2022. And 2023 SIT related tour. Scenario might have even been similar to AMOLAD - one year album heavy oriented leg and following year mixing it with classic album - AMOLAD & Beast vs Senjutsu & SiT.

So quit moning, we are going to see Hell on Earth and Alexander the Great at the same concert, what more to you need!
This is very plausible. HoE and ATG in one setlist would be a dream for me.
Also, I think there's a very good chance Darkest Hour will get played since Maiden always performs the "power ballad" type song for new album tours.
Yeah, but I think The Time Machine has a better chance.
My bet, there will be no realms this time, just some futuristic set. Maybe half of the stage will be the Past and other the Future..
I agree. Maybe some kind of a double stage? The realms were exclusive for the LOTB tour, methinks.
All things considered, this is the best way they could’ve handled a weird situation. Throw some Senjutsu stuff into the current tour that was delayed two years followed by a hybrid between a new album tour and a nostalgia tour for an album with a huge cult following.
Yep.
Also opening with Alexander would be ultra nice. (If they can open with Senjutsu, they can open with anything). Next coolest thing, open with Hell on Earth, then Alexander.
These two songs will be the most anticipated, so they have to wait with them.
As for the stage props and visuals the absence of pagodas doesn't mean they'll have to ditch the Japanese motive. I bet they'll mix it with SIT Blade Runner like visuals and if the right buttons are pressed this can be one of the most stunning Maiden stages ever done.
Spot on.
I bet we'll get the same stage structure they have been using since 2003 covered in Japanese-themed drapes.
I'm not sure about that. Japanese-themed drapes? I think the Futuristic City will be the main motif of the stage.

I wonder if there will be Collector Tickets again at ticketmaster like with the LotB tour.

I think they are very cool and a nice souvenir as a reminder of the tour! Even though they cost a little extra it's worth it!

Maybe I am old fashioned (even though I am only 24 years old), but I will ALWAYS prefer physical tickets to the e-tickets with a QR code on your phone.

Attachments

• 214f9042-5b38-47b5-af40-726f84e5dd02.jpg
    214f9042-5b38-47b5-af40-726f84e5dd02.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Shit, I am old enough to remember when all tickets were collectors items (at least in Greece), with logos and artwork and everything. And I mean all gigs, not just Maiden and they didn't cost more or anything like that. I still have my old tickets somewhere in Greece.

Yes, I wish they kept them. I hate e-tickets or PDF tickets that you have to print out yourself........

Some pictures from the tour promo video:

Attachments

• SJ Eddie in the future.png
    SJ Eddie in the future.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • SJ Eddie with the bow in action.png
    SJ Eddie with the bow in action.png
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 15
  • futuristic city.png
    futuristic city.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • street.png
    street.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
The tour poster was made by Akirant (like all tour posters since LOTB tour). It looks like a movie poster.

Amazing poster with great colours. Purgatory single cover vibe. The samurai army and the futuristic city are so cool.
The Eddies on the new art are fantastic, both the big Samurai/Cyborg head, as well as the SIASL Eddie on the bottom right. LOTB had great art, but I never liked Eddie's face on those. The Future Past tour seems to have solved that issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back