The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, do you actually have an idea how the Kemper Profiler Amp gets along with external guitar effects? sorry, I know this one belongs to the musicians sections, but anyway.
Depends how you want to use it. You can use it as a conventional amp and put effects in front. It works fine. You can put effects in the FX loop, also works fine. But, you can also use it as an all in one box.

However, Kemper can come a bit short on the built-in effects front. That's where Axe-Fx has an edge. But that's for more specific effects.

Be interesting how they do the set, im thinking they may stick with the realm theme of legacy. Perhaps start with Senjutsu, break down the stage to reveal SIT then play the remaining 5 classics we always hear at the end something like that is very possible. Cant see them singing new album songs with a SIT theme and vice versa aha

I feel like recreating (in the Maiden England sense, i.e. a totally new set using the same ideas) the Somewhere on Tour stage is the likeliest bet here. They might throw in some anachronistic Senjutsu props and probably theme the set dressing around that theme to some degree (future Japan), as a sort of a "stuck in time" thing. Essentially a materialization of the tour video and the LotB poster with the giant vortex in the background - Senjutsu Eddie and some props got sucked into the far future into the middle of a Blade Runner style megacity.

Emm, not really. For example, Dave already uses chorus most of the time now, but his sound is light years away from GK's.

The best way to capture that sound now would be a Kemper or an Axe FX.

Somebody already made a profile:

This sounds nothing like their current sound.

The 250ML's sound is a strange cross between Tom Scholz's Rockman and a real amp. No chorus can turn a Marshall into one.
You say that but then this guy manages to get 90% of the way there with a Marshall and a chorus pedal.

You say that but then this guy manages to get 90% of the way there with a Marshall and a chorus pedal.

Sounds very different to me, sorry (might be because I spent a lot of time in the studio listening to the new album of my band and my ears are really sharp for every little thing). Completely different sound. GK is much more precise and crisp, while Marshall is balsy as Marshalls are. Axe FX at the end is a bit closer, but still quite far from the real thing.

As I said before, the 250ML/RL is somewhere in between the Rockman and a tube amp, leaning much more to the Rockman side. You simply can't make a Marshall sound like one, no matter what you do.

Speaking from experience, since I sometimes play TETMD or SIASL through my JCM900 and put a chorus up front. It lacks that precise high end. Tubes give you warmth, but that eliminates that crisp high-mids that GK is known for.

All things considered, this is the best way they could’ve handled a weird situation. Throw some Senjutsu stuff into the current tour that was delayed two years followed by a hybrid between a new album tour and a nostalgia tour for an album with a huge cult following. It’s so perfect that I would’ve bet money against Maiden announcing something like that.

I am sadly a bit skeptical about them bringing this to America. They’re celebrating an album that didn’t do very well here (comparatively) mixed with an album that will be 3 years old by the time they get out here. Unless they do a fall/winter tour of theaters (think dance of death 2004), I imagine they’ll bring a more traditional greatest hits package to NA.

I am sadly a bit skeptical about them bringing this to America. They’re celebrating an album that didn’t do very well here (comparatively) mixed with an album that will be 3 years old by the time they get out here. Unless they do a fall/winter tour of theaters (think dance of death 2004), I imagine they’ll bring a more traditional greatest hits package to NA.
Since they did a U.S. leg of the Maiden England history tour that was focused on Seventh Son, and Seventh Son only went gold in the U.S. while Somewhere In Time went platinum, I’m not sure this argument holds up.

All things considered, this is the best way they could’ve handled a weird situation. Throw some Senjutsu stuff into the current tour that was delayed two years followed by a hybrid between a new album tour and a nostalgia tour for an album with a huge cult following. It’s so perfect that I would’ve bet money against Maiden announcing something like that.

It will go down well enough even in NA the hype of Alexander in the set is a big deal.

We know how this works now maiden won't be putting a whole new stage set together just to play Europe for a few months they will milk it into 2024 guaranteed.

Bruce did say in brazil see you all next year all but confirming a South American tour. I can 100% see 10-15 NA shows in the biggest markets not played since 2019 being included (there is a reason this current tour is missing alot of them this year) not only does it give lesser visited places a chance it also gives them plenty of cities we are custom to themplaying next year.

Either way they will milk this tour for 2 years and the usa will not be excluded

It will go down well enough even in NA the hype of Alexander in the set is a big deal.

We know how this works now maiden won't be putting a whole new stage set together just to play Europe for a few months they will milk it into 2024 guaranteed.

Bruce did say in brazil see you all next year all but confirming a South American tour. I can 100% see 10-15 NA shows in the biggest markets not played since 2019 being included (there is a reason this current tour is missing alot of them this year) not only does it give lesser visited places a chance it also gives them plenty of cities we are custom to themplaying next year.

Either way they will milk this tour for 2 years and the usa will not be excluded
I think they'll get Chicago, Los Angeles and New York again next year (if they do it then.) Couple markets they didn't hit this year include St. Louis, Las Vegas, Portland OR, Philadelphia and Nicko's hometown gig of Ft. Lauderdale.

I think they'll get Chicago, Los Angeles and New York again next year (if they do it then.) Couple markets they didn't hit this year include St. Louis, Las Vegas, Portland OR, Philadelphia and Nicko's hometown gig of Ft. Lauderdale.
That looks about right mixed in with a more extensive south American tour .
Bruce did strongly hint while in Anaheim something about somewhere south of los angeles (most likely the forum)

Futuristic Japan maybe.
Although I dont get the sadness of not getting proper album tour. Yes, by tour name it isnt Senjutsu tour, but if we are getting 5-6 songs from Senjutsu next tour (and in 2 tours total maybe 6-7 Senjutsu songs), thats pretty much looks like an album tour to me, with some special twist. Recent album tours have also featured 5-7 songs from new album, so pretty standard stuff.
Maiden can't do right no matter what. Play five new songs? Nope, not a album tour. The tour name is wrong. Bad Maiden.

100% agreed. I also don't get the concern about the tour not being called Senjutsu Tour or something like that. You surely have noticed it's dubbed after one of the album's songs and everything points out they'll play 5 songs from it. I mean the majority of the World Slavery Tour had them playing only 4 songs from Powerslave (except a couple of gigs when they played Losfer Words) and 5 new tracks is also what happened in concerts from Somewhere On Tour (except Belgrade), Fear Of The Dark Tour, The Final Frontier Tour and a fair amount of No Prayer On The Road (in some venues they didn't played BYDTTS or HS or even HIY).

As for the stage props and visuals the absence of pagodas doesn't mean they'll have to ditch the Japanese motive. I bet they'll mix it with SIT Blade Runner like visuals and if the right buttons are pressed this can be one of the most stunning Maiden stages ever done.

So yes... I think this is somewhat of a Senjutsu Tour with visuals and a fair amount of tracks from SIT. It seems they'll be as much as the latest album ones... so what? Once again in several gigs from World Slavery Tour they played the same amount of tracks from TNOTB and POM than the the album they were promoting (in some occasions even more). Does it made it less of a Powerslave tour? IMO no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back