The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mastodon and In Flames back in 2007, as well as Sabaton in 2013 were great. I know that Ghost have become incredibly popular over the years, but their show in 2013 was utterly forgettable and I just remember not enjoying any of their songs that were played on that day.

When I think of something "big" it would have to make me think of the much rumored, wished for, etc. Maiden/Priest tour. God knows if it would be something like that. It still could just be the Future Past live album/DVD/Blu Ray and 2nd leg tour dates. Kind of wish Bruce didn't phrase his comment the way he did because if it is just that then it will look to some that he was overhyping/exaggerating.

Priest have been totally mismanaged since Rob came back unfortunately. They probably sell a quarter of the tickets Maiden do. Probably even less. Maiden don’t need to do a co-headline with Priest, it wouldn’t make any financial sense at all.

Priest have been totally mismanaged since Rob came back unfortunately. They probably sell a quarter of the tickets Maiden do. Probably even less. Maiden don’t need to do a co-headline with Priest, it wouldn’t make any financial sense at all.
I always had a believe-it-when-I-see-it stance on this. I know it's unlikely but still would love it as they are my two all time favorite bands. Maiden has to play a full set however, heh. What would boost ticket sales for Priest is if somehow KK comes back, and that's highly unlikely to happen. Not having KK or Glenn out there certainly hurts and people complain "that's not Priest" but they still put on a great show, IMHO.

Regarding support bands I’ve seen some brilliant bands. Megadeth in 1999, Halloween in 1998, My Dying Bride in 1995. Saw Dream theatre support on the early days tour in Paris. Didn’t avenged sevenfold support at Twickenham 2008?

The best thought has to be metal 2000 at Earl’s Court. Slayer and Entombed were both superb that night and a great warm up for the main event.

These days the support is a joke, if it ain’t the kids bands then it’s utter crap like lords of the lost were (subjective I know but I think they are rubbish).

They’ve had Trivium a few times and I do like them.

Also, the London gig I went too with Lords of the lost was actually the first time I thought “damn why can’t the Raven age be support on the Friday too” lol. I never thought much of the Raven ages first couple of albums. Some odd bits here and there sounded ok but overall I found the albums bang average and expected them to have long split up by now. Fair to play to them they plugged away and carried on and I think their latest third album is actually really good and I think they’ve finally nailed what they want as their sound so maybe they’ll go on to brighter things now.

Regarding support bands I’ve seen some brilliant bands. Megadeth in 1999, Halloween in 1998, My Dying Bride in 1995. Saw Dream theatre support on the early days tour in Paris. Didn’t avenged sevenfold support at Twickenham 2008?

The best thought has to be metal 2000 at Earl’s Court. Slayer and Entombed were both superb that night and a great warm up for the main event.

These days the support is a joke, if it ain’t the kids bands then it’s utter crap like lords of the lost were (subjective I know but I think they are rubbish).

They’ve had Trivium a few times and I do like them.

Also, the London gig I went too with Lords of the lost was actually the first time I thought “damn why can’t the Raven age be support on the Friday too” lol. I never thought much of the Raven ages first couple of albums. Some odd bits here and there sounded ok but overall I found the albums bang average and expected them to have long split up by now. Fair to play to them they plugged away and carried on and I think their latest third album is actually really good and I think they’ve finally nailed what they want as their sound so maybe they’ll go on to brighter things now.

Trivium in 2006 and Avenged Sevenfold in 2008 were not too bad.

Megadeth and Slayer were great.

Quite a lot of bands in the category of no real complaints about them but I wasn't rushing out to buy an album the following morning.

Worst was The Murderdolls

My favorite openers were Halford and Queensryche during the Brave New World Tour and Motorhead and Dio during the Give Me Ed Till I'm Dead Tour. Stratovarius is a great band and they sounded great live but they only played two songs because they arrived late at the show I was at in Milan last month. It would be awesome to see them again with Stratovarius or possibly with Elegant Weapons and Night Demon

Last edited:
Regarding Bruce's recent statement about fans being happy.
It is not possible that during the Senjutsu recording sessions they recorded enough material for two albums and the second part is going to be released. If I remember correctly there are no Dave songs on Senjutsu so maybe the one or two that he composed are on the new one.
It's just a wacky theory.

Regarding Bruce's recent statement about fans being happy.
It is not possible that during the Senjutsu recording sessions they recorded enough material for two albums and the second part is going to be released. If I remember correctly there are no Dave songs on Senjutsu so maybe the one or two that he composed are on the new one.
It's just a wacky theory.
When Dave said that he wrote a couple of songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back