The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that the whole Priest/Maiden thing is quite unrealistic. It would be a huge change to the status quo of the Maiden show & tour concept that has, even at their most adventurous, been pretty standard for ages.

Honestly, just doing their own thing is essentially Maiden thing to do and I just don't see how a tour with Judas Priest would fit into that, unless Priest comes in as a support band only, which I don't really see happening either. So far, both Steve and Nicko have commented on it along the lines "why not? managers, go and arrange it!" but that doesn't exactly imply it's something actively under consideration and planning.

At least Priest still know how to write short songs... :ninja:

Heyyyy, Days of Future Past is the shortest Maiden song since Rainmaker. :p

Last edited:
It's worth noting the announcement is supposed to be after Powertrip so unless the album is done and in the can this isn't what it will be.

What sense would it make to say hey guys we will have an album ready for you by the end of 2024 / early 2025 we havnt entered the studio yet tho.

I still think it could be something big touring wise, unless they really were secretive in recording album 18 (doubtful)
Something big touring wise is if they announce a brand new tour, methinks. After Power Trip they will announce the dates for next year, unless they want to announce a new album. Both scenarios are unlikely imo.
When I think of something "big" it would have to make me think of the much rumored, wished for, etc. Maiden/Priest tour. God knows if it would be something like that. It still could just be the Future Past live album/DVD/Blu Ray and 2nd leg tour dates. Kind of wish Bruce didn't phrase his comment the way he did because if it is just that then it will look to some that he was overhyping/exaggerating.
A Maiden/Priest tour is something ''big'', but it is not that likely. I still think the live album/video will be released after the end of the tour, like they usually do. I agree with what you said about Bruce's comment, but Nicko also said something similar. I it was just Bruce maybe then it would have been something not that ''big'', but now it's really curious.
At least Priest still know how to write short songs...
Maiden too. They just prefer to put more longer songs on their albums. A 5-minutes long song is a standard for them.

Maiden/Priest isn't "big" anymore now that Priest is down to their singer and bassist, whereas the classic Maiden line-up is still 100% intact and kicking ass. It would frankly be an embarrassment to Priest.
That's ridiculous. Firepower was almost universally acclaimed, Scott has been with them for over 30 years and Richie for over 10. The upcoming album is highly anticipated. Priest are on fire, although I would love for them to make amends with KK (although that would require KK to find common ground with Glenn and Jayne, so that will probably never happen).

In the USA, Judas Priest play venues that are significantly smaller than those that Maiden can sell out without a decent support band. Just have a look at the official box score data for the Firepower tour to get an idea of how many people they attract in some of those markets:

The whole idea of Judas Priest/Iron Maiden as a big touring package is nothing more than fan fantasy.

In the USA, Judas Priest play venues that are significantly smaller than those that Maiden can sell out without a decent support band. Just have a look at the official box score data for the Firepower tour to get an idea of how many people they attract in some of those markets:

The whole idea of Judas Priest/Iron Maiden as a big touring package is nothing more than fan fantasy.
Absolutely. Maiden are playing 20-25,000 capacity arenas and sheds and nearly selling out shows. Priest are playing 4-6,000 capacity theaters with well known support acts and are lucky to get 75% full every night.

People can wish all they want and put their head in the sand about Priest’s popularity, but they simply are not comparable (regardless of their importance to the genre). Priest touring with Maiden would result in a 35 minute opening set, not a co-headlining slot. That would be embarrassing for them.

I don't see what the big demand for such a tour is.

I don't want to see Maiden do a 1 hr 30 show, which would be the case in a proper co-headline arrangement.

Or, as @MrKnickerbocker has suggested, if Priest played something more akin to a standard support slot I would feel short changed.

Just let them tour seperately and go to two gigs, and have "support level" acts playing support and headliners headlining.

I think more famous metal bands like Megadeth can tour on their own now and therefore don't need Maiden these days, but in 1999 things were different. Also Dio had it rough back in 1998, and followed Maiden with Blaze around North America.

Last edited:
I do miss when Maiden toured with bands like Dream Theater, Megadeth or Alice Cooper. Or Ghost. Now it's just constant nepotouring.
I can only assume they have to share less money with their children’s bands. Which is kind of messed up.

I wish they’d take Unleash The Archers out as an opener in North America. It would be perfect.

I do miss when Maiden toured with bands like Dream Theater, Megadeth or Alice Cooper. Or Ghost. Now it's just constant nepotouring.
Said before I ultimately don't care who is support as long as I get to see Maiden. But seeing them with Cooper and then Ghost was cool. The Raven Age experiment is really wearing thin, however. C'mon Steve, giving them eternal support slots hasn't made them superstars. And yet they will probably be support again next year in the States...

I think more famous metal bands like Megadeth can tour on their own now and therefore don't need Maiden these days, but in 1999 things were different. Also Dio had it rough back in 1998, and followed Maiden with Blaze around North America.
I mean sure, but I saw Megadeth with Maiden in 2013. Doesn't seem that long ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back