The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show day for me. Got FTTB. But it's probably the last time I do it.
I just couldn’t bear to do FTTB!

If I was down the front with a GA ticket I’d end up getting so pissed off with the total pricks who are waving their arms about and jumping around like complete loons. If anyone smacked into me whilst acting like a prat I’d end up punching him in the face and kicking off big time.

I get that people get excited at rock and metal shows but never understood why people down the front of gigs I’ve been too leave their brain cells at home and act like total pricks.

Down the front is where the loons should be, giving the band the raucous energy they feed off.

I don't go down the front all the time but when I do I want to surrounded by bouncing, arm waving moon cats.

When I want to chill, I retreat. Which is the proper order of things. There is a space for everyone. The main issue I've encountered at the front of gigs is when people are there believing that they have a right to personal space and get pissed off when a mosh pit infringes upon them.

Anybody an idea why TFP tour is that short? It's almost over yet. I mean, with this great setlist they could sell out anywhere, and it's really something special. So a longer touring would make sense.

According to the MaidenChile page, Maiden is going to South America in the first trimester of next year, with 3 shows in Chile in march.

Down the front is where the loons should be, giving the band the raucous energy they feed off.

I don't go down the front all the time but when I do I want to surrounded by bouncing, arm waving moon cats.

When I want to chill, I retreat. Which is the proper order of things. There is a space for everyone. The main issue I've encountered at the front of gigs is when people are there believing that they have a right to personal space and get pissed off when a mosh pit infringes upon them.
You can still be down the front jumping around and giving the band energy but is it really necessary to wave your arms about windmilling and smacking people?

It’s like people think they’ve got an excuse to wave there arms about bashing people and no one’s allowed to get annoyed.

Anyway, that’s enough from a grumpy old fart. I don’t go down to the front of any gig these days :bigsmile:

According to the MaidenChile page, Maiden is going to South America in the first trimester of next year, with 3 shows in Chile in march.
So maybe the tour will start then, in March (or end of February like in 2016). I think they want this tour to be only 2 legs, so that's why they will start earlier, not in the summer. The ''Deep cuts tour''! A challenging set for them (mostly for Nicko). We should expect dates in Europe again - plus SA/NA, ofc. What about Japan, Australia, NZ?

Edit: as usual - 10 SA dates, 20 NA dates and 10-15 European dates. From March to July/August.

Last edited:
But many other Senior Citizens also have long touring schedules?
Did you read my second sentence? Also, not doubting you but what other metal bands that are Maiden's age doing long tours?

Priest come to mind but Faulkner, Andy, and I think even Scott are significantly younger.

Kiss? Well, they are not even really performing IMO

Metallica? I think they are a bit younger. Hetfield has said he can't do the longer sets anymore and now they are currently only playing on the weekends.

You can still be down the front jumping around and giving the band energy but is it really necessary to wave your arms about windmilling and smacking people?
Ah, I'm with ye on that score, fo sho. Arms up at Maiden, not sideways nor windmilly. Save that caper for your Fear Factorys and your Cro Mags and whatnots. And even then I can very much do without a windmilling.

Did you read my second sentence? Also, not doubting you but what other metal bands that are Maiden's age doing long tours?

Priest come to mind but Faulkner, Andy, and I think even Scott are significantly younger.

Kiss? Well, they are not even really performing IMO

Metallica? I think they are a bit younger. Hetfield has said he can't do the longer sets anymore and now they are currently only playing on the weekends.
Metallica are all about 59. Don't see how they can go on playing as long as maiden with their thrash material. Much more demanding than Ac/DC or something playing live when elderly

Didn't the LOTB tour schedule speak a different language than scheduling things down?

That was 5 years ago, and a few things have happened in that time. At their ages, time can catch up fast in those short years. Also, the material on this tour is pretty demanding and with all the discussion about Nicko's performance, do you really want them to carry on for longer?

Anybody an idea why TFP tour is that short? It's almost over yet. I mean, with this great setlist they could sell out anywhere, and it's really something special. So a longer touring would make sense.

Isn't it quite a standard summer tour for Maiden? I mean yeah, not quite as extensive as last year, for example, but for the most part they've been doing summer tours for some time now. I also think they're deliberately keeping the schedule not-so-intense.

...but yes, even with the next year and a possible third year, the sheer amount of gigs on this tour probably won't get that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back