The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
On HCW in Barcelona he got lost on the verse after the fight with Eddie. London 2nd night overall was the best I think, but he also made a small mistake on CSIT lyrics during the last verse.

When the album was released, apart from all songs (but mostly the title track, Stratego, Hell On Earth, Parchment, Celts) - I was most curious to see live Hell On Earth, title track, the solos of Parchment, the intro/outro of Lost World and Adrian's solo in Darkest Hour (TWOTW and the title track too).

I'm not complaining (especially since we got the SIT songs; Alexander! And not all songs from a new album can be played live), it's just a recall, but this tour would have been perfect with Parchment in the set for me. Imagine if they played the whole album live (their original idea)! That would have been perfect. But every Maiden tour is great, that's how strong their material is.

Now I wondered what backdrop they would have used for Hallowed? For NOTB, I guess the classic one.

Yeah, a perfect snoozefest!

I am glad they decided to tour with a very different concept instead.
Perfect for me, but I understand why they didn't do it - too many long songs. If they were still using 17-songs setlist it would have been well balanced. They didn't do it in 2006 either because the show should be 2 hours, but it worked quite good then.

The new tour concept is great, I agree.

Bruce sounds remarkable in Barcelona and this tour. I thought his voice was finished about two years ago when he sounding like he was going to pass out on aces high

Bruce sounds remarkable in Barcelona and this tour. I thought his voice was finished about two years ago when he sounding like he was going to pass out on aces high

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes!

Phoenix_in_Nurmengard.gif

I think this tour its has a weird schedule for the dates. Any chances of extra dates in August ? and then 4 dates in canada & Usa?

• Tue 1
    Munich, GERMANY
    Olympiahalle
    ON SALE
    Special Guests
    Lord of the Lost

• Fri 4
    Wacken, GERMANY
    Wacken Open Air
    ON SALE

• SEPTEMBER​

• Thu 28
    Calgary, AB, CANADA
    Scotiabank Saddledome
    ON SALE
    Special Guests
    Atreyu

• Sat 30
    Edmonton, AB, CANADA
    Rogers Place
    ON SALE
    Special Guests
    Atreyu

• OCTOBER​

• Mon 2
    Vancouver, BC, CANADA
    Rogers Arena
    ON SALE
    Special Guests
    Atreyu

• Fri 6
    Indio, CA, USA

I think not. They wouldn't add any dates on such a short notice and frankly, I believe they're totally fine with having that long break before the short North American stint.

Of course, it was stated that "that's it for 2023" even before the mentioned North American dates were added, but that was mooooonths before the start of the tour, so...

Power Trip clearly hired helicopters to drop crates of money onto Steve's lawn, and the other three shows are just to warm up for the festival.

True. Their touring for 2023 was going to finish with the Wacken date. Then they got offered a shitload of money for a one-off festival in the USA and, subsequently, added 3 warm-up shows before that one (I hope they are enough).

Curious to see the setlist for the north american dates, would be totally unlike Maiden but I think there's a world they change DOTC for TNOTB for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back