The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, as suggested before, they play the rest of Senjutsu (Darkest Hour, LIALW and The Parchment - to replace The Time Machine, DOTC and Hell on Earth) so that they can release a full live version of the album - why not coupled with a full AMOLAD live from the 2006 tour. Makes marketing sense! ;)
Hell On Earth isn't going anyehere if they do another Euro leg.

The other 2, it's possible.

Or, as suggested before, they play the rest of Senjutsu (Darkest Hour, LIALW and The Parchment - to replace The Time Machine, DOTC and Hell on Earth) so that they can release a full live version of the album - why not coupled with a full AMOLAD live from the 2006 tour. Makes marketing sense! ;)
I buy that. That would be fantastic.

Last edited:

shame they didn't do this with Final Frontier. The fact they neglected to play Starblind is a tragedy.

They took pictures both (?) nights in 2017, but we didn’t get a live album.
Live Chapter? It's the same. One of the songs might be from those shows, the photo of the band too.
I had tried not to read about the setlist, and so had forgot Can I play... Why the hell do they still play that horrible song ?
Because it's easy and a great live song. I'm not a big fan of it and would prefer something ''more rare'' in its place.
Just based on what they did for Book of Souls I don't think it's too unlikely that they swap out one song. The pattern seems to be that Maiden doesn't rotate songs until they start repeating territories, but if the rumours about them playing European festivals next year are true and if they are counting the short Canadian tour plus Power Trip as a North American run (assuming they will do a full tour next year) then I guess they would approach it that way.

That said, I would say the best case scenario is that they swap one song. Death of the Celts for The Parchment or Time Machine for Darkest Hour seems like the most plausible choice to me. I don't think they would swap three songs though.

I also think it's just as likely they drop a Senjutsu song for a classic. The other pattern of them switching out songs between legs seems to be that they drop difficult songs (Where Eagles Dare, Tears of a Clown) or songs that don't go down live as well (For the Greater Good of God).
I don't think they will play all of the SJ songs live, but then again, I don't think they will drop one new song for an old classic. One or at most two songs change is possible. The candidates are Celts, Prisoner and Can I Play With Madness, but the latter two are great and easy live songs (especially for Nicko). Of course, maybe they won't change anything, regardless of whether there will be a European leg again. Time Machine cool live, so realistically the song most likely to be swapped is Celts - but with its backdrop and the fact that Steve probably likes it a lot, I doubt it. What about some of the SIT songs? No chance, right? I wouldn't mind them dropping Wasted Years. They will probably save the surprises for the next tour.
But, I don't see "Darkest Hour" to be played live, it's not a live song, it hasn't this feeling.
I think so too, in contrast with Lost World.
Hell On Earth isn't going anyehere if they do another Euro leg.

The other 2, it's possible.
I think Time Machine will stay too - because of its instrumental section and theme.

Just returned from the gig. Wow.

Wow. What a performance from the boys! They truly age like fine wine, each year they get better instead of declining!

Bruce was top notch tonight, didn't miss a note. The three amigos energetic as always, the Captain flawless, Nicko gave his all.

Truly magnificent. Hell On Earth brought tears to my eyes, I was thinking if IM were to retire after this tour, I'd be f*cking satisfied.

A great performance, a great show. On par with LOTB 2018 for me.

Great show overall. Dave did an amazing job on all his solos, while Adrian's sound was sometimes mediocre. Bruce made a huge mistake on the second chorus of HOE, ruining one the best moments of the song, and he completely massacred The Trooper.
The bad news for me is that Maiden now has two silly dancers. Janick is beyond repair, but wtf is doing Bruce ? And this stage outfit ?
Some backdrops where really lazy, others great. I think Kalata is right in assuming that Celts will stay in the setlit. They seem to enjoy it, and the backdrop is here to stay.
And, at last, the crowd went nuts for FotD and The Trooper.

Just returned from the gig. Wow.

Wow. What a performance from the boys! They truly age like fine wine, each year they get better instead of declining!

Bruce was top notch tonight, didn't miss a note. The three amigos energetic as always, the Captain flawless, Nicko gave his all.

Truly magnificent. Hell On Earth brought tears to my eyes, I was thinking if IM were to retire after this tour, I'd be f*cking satisfied.

A great performance, a great show. On par with LOTB 2018 for me.
The performances have been amazing this year. I can only imagine how it sounds live. I hope when they come to America next year they will be bringing the same kinda juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back