The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long shot, but does anyone know how to get my hands on the photo that was taken in the VIP area before the show in Hannover last month? I assume at least all the Germany shows would be similar. Thought I'd made note of how to get it, but can't figure it out now. Any help would be appreciated.

Had gone over from Canada to see Rammstein, go to Graspop Metal Meeting and see Maiden. Amazing trip.

With the 2024 expected to be the conclusion of the Future Past tour this will pretty much be the last chance to bust out anything deeper from Senjutsu so its possible they make a change.
Yep. 8 new songs played live (like for BNW album) is possible, but this time the song in question is 12 minutes long! Tbh, I don't think they will change anything, even adding back Hallowed or NOTB. More rare songs/surprises will be saved for the next tour.
I like the song, I like it better live. It's probably my least favorite off Senjutsu.
I've always liked it, both studio and live. Love those kind of melodies.
i think they will only keep writing on the wall. if they also keep hell on earth will be a big surprise to me.
Because it's a very long song/because the fans love TWOTW so much? Speaking of the song, Bruce just needs to remember the second part of the chorus right.
The new drum sound live is massive. Too bad we didn't get a live concert from LOTB tour.
What era is this from? It’s official art?
Event shirt, I guess?

The new drum sound live is massive. Too bad we didn't get a live concert from LOTB tour.
81EapgdgF4L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

The prices inside the O2 are outrageous. I always go to the Pilot Inn if I have time before the show (last Saturday being the exception as I was driving), as they serve excellent beer (it is a Fuller’s pub) and when Maiden are playing might have Trooper on tap.
It was £33.80 for 2 X 2 pint jugs at Manchester Arena.

That was over a quid more expensive than at Epsom for the Derby a few weeks ago, and I believe is more expensive than the O2. I didn't bother , but that's simply ridiculous.

Some impressions from Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam last night.

I did not look up the setlist but the guys then posted each song on FB so I kind of knew what to expect. Still didn't watch any videos to enjoy the novelty. I think it was a good combination. Some people around me were announcing the next songs anyway so surprise would have been impossible.

Bruce's voice was a bit muffled first 3 songs before they figured it out, some guitar sounds were a bit too sharp. The messy instrumental sections in Celts and The Time Machine just felt like a wall of noise, but these are the only complaints sound wise. Bruce sounded much more sure and strong in the newer material, you could feel the songs were written when he was older.

Some other points:
The crowd was going insane for the CSIT, HCW, and Alex of course.
Celts and Time Machine are my less-liked songs on the Senjutsu, but they worked very well live! I think I will appreciate them in the new light now.
Adrian was FANTASTIC during all the old SIT solos. Just fucking through the roof, unbelievable.
During The Prisoner latter choruses they set Steve's mic too loud. The result was he took the sound away from Bruce and it sounded like a sick dog barking I'M NOT A PRISONER! IMA FREEMAN! all in all it was funny so I enjoyed that :)
CIPWM I think I saw for the first time live. Not comparable to epics on 7th Son but works so amazing live!
Could have lived without hearing The Trooper and Fear again, but I understand it's what the crowd demands.
Bruce also fucked up the first part of the Hell On Earth chorus to the point that I doubted he can redeem himself. Somehow he got back on track, I was surprised hehe.

Didn't hear any weakness from Nicko, his right foot is reinforced with some secret alien technology. Those double kicks oh my god, how can it be humanely possible at the age he is.

PS and I really liked that I was quite close, just on the edge of the crazy moshpit people.

All in all unbeliavable they can pull it off still. Most pleasureable night of 2023, I cried during CSIT.
Maiden is love, Maiden is life.

PS Reading back it sounds like I complain mostly but I am not! I don't have to tell this forum how good this band is, so just pointed out some unusual things and observations. Thx for reading :D

Last edited:
so it should be said "the future past tour". and they probably will release a live disc of this tour later this year or after the 2nd leg.
No, Nicko used a BDC kit on LOTB 2022, I think the original post was referring to a lack of live album from that tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back