The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Wacken then?

On a related note, skipping the UK on the Ed Hunter tour was a real kick in the teeth for fans and that didn't stop them.

they neglected the whole southeastern USA from the mid 90s until 2009 :facepalm: and 2009 we were the last show of the tour and only one in the USA in 2009 :facepalm:

USA in general got next to nothing on Dance of Death and AMOLAD tours...

still sucks they would skip their own homeland though... odd

I still live in Atlanta and yes I really don't like Lakewood Amphitheater (or whatever they call it now) for concerts. Wish they would go to State Farm or Gwinnett Arena. If they must do outdoors someone needs to tell Rod about the Amphitheater in Alpharetta. It's much nicer, lol.
saw Foreigner and Bryan Adams at the one in Alpharetta. Better part of town too lol for leaving a gig late at night

Let's hope so. It will tie in nicely with the band's 50th anniv. I guess early 2024 is possible for recordings (release in 2025... or 2026), although Steve said they will be focusing on touring now. I think they will do a 4-month tour next year, TFP. And I still think they will want to celebrate their anniv with a classic Hits tour (hopefully with more rare songs in the set).

the best thing they could do for a 50th anniversary celebration is play the X factor in its entirety and throw in The Angel and the Gambler as the encore and give the fans what they really want.

In all seriousness, I'd rather have a 90s tour focusing on NPFTD and FOTD... 2 great albums with enough content to justify a tour with. As hard as it is to believe, "Wasting Love" is one of their top 10 most streamed songs of all time. lol

Do the band tend to arrive at shows minutes before going onstage?

I always assumed bands playing at the 02 stayed at the intercontinental hotel next store but i must be wrong!
Maiden surely stay at the Karma Sanctum Soho Hotel, I think some in the band and/or management are on the owner side.

March to May 2019.

I would be surprised if they record a new album in that period next year.
Remember : Bruce has once said in 2021 to the journalists that the band has booked another studio after the recording of 'Senjutsu'. He said that during the promotion of the band's 17th record. He also told that the guys have finally abandoned this idea, but I think he made a lot of revelations in those interviews. The first of them is that, IMHO, they have already booked a studio. Secondly, their plan is to start recording a new album between november and march next year. Then continue the touring for the Future Past shows in North and South-America, Asia, Oceania and Europe. After that, some rest and the release of the 18th album in september/october. Before a full album + 50th aniversary tour in 2025... That's the plan, I think. :)

Maiden will tour from May to August next year, like they usually do. ;) So, all is possible with the guys. :)
This year looks a lot like LOTB 2018, and I have this feeling that next year will be similar to 2019, so July to October for Maiden.

Just a guess!

The new futuristic backdrop is really cool. It creates such a great atmosphere. The Pagodas are there too.

View attachment 28485
Some of the backdrops are cool (the first one is great) but overall the stage design is underwhelming IMO. Feels a bit empty and flat. Any part of the LotB set looks absolutely massive in comparsion. I’m curious if this has anything to do with the budget. Also, this is a detail, but the fact they decided to print a city landscape on the walls of the stage makes it look much more fake than a usual wall texture of some kind. Obviously, this is not super important, but that’s my observation. It’s a fantastic show anyway!

I have it on good authority that Maiden are not on the radar of Glastonbury folk. Good.

Glastonbury is not what many think it is, its not all shite headliners and BBC coverage. What most people see of it is merely the tip of the iceberg. Its a massive space and is a haven for the lunatic fringe, mayhem for mayhems sake. But Iron Maiden will never play there. Which is fine.

In terms of our Beloved Bruce Bruce sayin "sooner than you think. " Well, that says Donnington 2024 to me. Might be time for me to finally grace the illustrious Hallowed Turf of Donnington Park but really, I couldn't give a fuck. To me, Donnington is Monsters of Rock, fires in the field, rock n roll etc, feels like a time thats long gone. Other first hand opinions are appreciated.

I keep gettin told "man, its Maiden at Donnington, MAN!" But no, not to me. That era ended when they brought a cartoon dog into play. Although it would mean something to me to hear my B Dizzle say "scream for me Donnington!"

Yeah, that might be a fine thing.

Literally typin those words has made me want to go to Download next year. Fuck sake.

Zero apologies for the stream of beautiful consciousness.

Maiden for Donnington next year. Lets all go. Lets make fires.

Remember : Bruce has once said in 2021 to the journalists that the band has booked another studio after the recording of 'Senjutsu'. He said that during the promotion of the band's 17th record. He also told that the guys have finally abandoned this idea, but I think he made a lot of revelations in those interviews. The first of them is that, IMHO, they have already booked a studio. Secondly, their plan is to start recording a new album between november and march next year. Then continue the touring for the Future Past shows in North and South-America, Asia, Oceania and Europe. After that, some rest and the release of the 18th album in september/october. Before a full album + 50th aniversary tour in 2025... That's the plan, I think. :)
There’s a lot of assumption and taking stuff out of context.

They’ve said that they booked studio time while they were out of touring commission during the pandemic, but then abandoned the idea because it seemed pointless to record an album when they already had an unreleased album in the vault. I’m not sure where we get that there is a studio booked for the future, they ultimately decided not to record again which means the studio time gets canceled. I’m not sure what the timeline is typically, but I imagine they make recording arrangements not that far in advance. They’re probably going to want to see how they feel at the end of the tour before making a commitment to do something between legs.

I have it on good authority that Maiden are not on the radar of Glastonbury folk. Good.

Glastonbury is not what many think it is, its not all shite headliners and BBC coverage. What most people see of it is merely the tip of the iceberg. Its a massive space and is a haven for the lunatic fringe, mayhem for mayhems sake. But Iron Maiden will never play there. Which is fine.

In terms of our Beloved Bruce Bruce sayin "sooner than you think. " Well, that says Donnington 2024 to me. Might be time for me to finally grace the illustrious Hallowed Turf of Donnington Park but really, I couldn't give a fuck. To me, Donnington is Monsters of Rock, fires in the field, rock n roll etc, feels like a time thats long gone. Other first hand opinions are appreciated.

I keep gettin told "man, its Maiden at Donnington, MAN!" But no, not to me. That era ended when they brought a cartoon dog into play. Although it would mean something to me to hear my B Dizzle say "scream for me Donnington!"

Literally typin those words has made me want to go to Download next year. Fuck sake.

This might be the most poetic post I have ever read on this forum.

I think it will mirror the recording on Senjutsu in 2019. Record in the winter of 2024 in Paris.
Wasn't the album recorded in early 2019? February-April? If there is another album, I'm really curious to hear Nicko's approach to his drumming.
In all seriousness, I'd rather have a 90s tour focusing on NPFTD and FOTD... 2 great albums with enough content to justify a tour with.
Me too (plus TXF & VXI), but we all know that won't happen. Some rare songs from them is totally possible though.
This year looks a lot like LOTB 2018, and I have this feeling that next year will be similar to 2019, so July to October for Maiden.
I guess from May/June to September/October. Thus they have 4 months to record an album, if they want to. Or they can record it in 2025, right before their brand new tour (or the 3rd leg of TFP). If there is a new album, I think it will be released between 2024 and 2026.
Some of the backdrops are cool (the first one is great) but overall the stage design is underwhelming IMO. Feels a bit empty and flat. Any part of the LotB set looks absolutely massive in comparsion. I’m curious if this has anything to do with the budget. Also, this is a detail, but the fact they decided to print a city landscape on the walls of the stage makes it look much more fake than a usual wall texture of some kind. Obviously, this is not super important, but that’s my observation. It’s a fantastic show anyway!
I think they could have used more backdrops with Eddie, but it's still great. A city landscape on the walls of the stage was the most logical fit/choice, wasn't it? LOTB tour just had more stage props and the amazing stained glass windows. I doubt it has anything to do with the budget, they just wanted to scale down the production a bit (like 1988<->1990), but still added something new.
There’s a lot of assumption and taking stuff out of context.

They’ve said that they booked studio time while they were out of touring commission during the pandemic, but then abandoned the idea because it seemed pointless to record an album when they already had an unreleased album in the vault. I’m not sure where we get that there is a studio booked for the future, they ultimately decided not to record again which means the studio time gets canceled. I’m not sure what the timeline is typically, but I imagine they make recording arrangements not that far in advance. They’re probably going to want to see how they feel at the end of the tour before making a commitment to do something between legs.
This, especially after Steve's comments.

they neglected the whole southeastern USA from the mid 90s until 2009 :facepalm: and 2009 we were the last show of the tour and only one in the USA in 2009 :facepalm:

USA in general got next to nothing on Dance of Death and AMOLAD tours...

still sucks they would skip their own homeland though... odd

They allegedly avoided playing the UK in 1999 for tax reasons after selling the royalties for their back catalogue before the reunion, which is like a double kick in the teeth after all those years boasting about flying the flag for Britain.

Glastonbury has had some great headliners over the years. You sometimes get turds like Axl Rose, but it usually has a great selection of artists playing there.

Regarding Download Festival, I have done it twice (2013 and 2016) and there is nothing hallowed about the place these days. Big corporate festival, you get treated like cattle, and you can get biblical deluges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back