The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love Maiden to do a one off uk stadium gig next year similar to Twickenham. I doubt they would though, not with the same set list they’ve done this year as a lot of the fans who’ve seen them on this run probably wouldn’t go.

I bet it’s likely to be a festival in the uk and most probably be download as it’ll guarantee an audience.

My days of festivals are long over but if they did do Hyde park (again unlikely) I’d probably go to that.

Last edited:
I would be down for Hyde Park! But I am definitely not doing any festivals. Assuming there will be a European leg next year, I will just pick one of the stand alone gigs somewhere in southern Europe and go there.

Tomorrow it is! Getting real excited, took a day off to snoop around the city centre in hope I can get a selfie with Jan or Davey, or who decides to walk around. Woooooo

Big turnaround for me. Although I missed Ljubljana gig, couple of friends and me came to agreement that it would be nice to visit Milan over the weekend :D
Tickets bought, now looking for nice accomodation

I can concur with the other posters that the two London shows were fantastic, I think the band sounded as good as I've ever heard them.
Yep. They will probably use some recordings from them for the live release. Here's a cool highlights video:

I wonder how many times by now Bruce has managed to sing the lyrics to the chorus of Hell On Earth correctly?
Europe next year would be quote the surprise. But Bruce did hint in Tampere that they might be back next year.
Usually (especially nowadays) yes, but if they want to finish the tour next year and not make it 3 years, it's really possible. A short run of dates.

Maiden's shows don't work well in outdoor environments and that always bugged me when I lived in Atlanta. They always played Lakewood Amphitheater and the sound and loss of atmosphere stunk. We don't really get loads of metal music festivals in the states... too much EDM, country and pop crap like Ultra, EDC and Coachella. Don't get me wrong, back in the day, those edm festivals had amazing music but that was 15+ years ago. I always had to travel to see a good setting with them. Charlotte 2012 was outside too. I love Sunrise and Tampa as you can see by my sig, it's my goto spot for them lol

Glad everybody enjoyed the O2 shows. Wish I'd been there myself. I selfishly hope the "we'll see you again sooner than you think" comments are an indicator of another run

Glad everybody enjoyed the O2 shows. Wish I'd been there myself. I selfishly hope the "we'll see you again sooner than you think" comments are an indicator of another run
Well around this time last year Bruce was saying 'we'll see you again.... somewhere on tour....' so I think he knows what he's doing when he says these things!

I wonder how many times by now Bruce has managed to sing the lyrics to the chorus of Hell On Earth correctly?

You reminded me of something quite random. Back in uni in one of my statistics courses we had to do simulations to calculate probabilities. Stuff like "The entry fee for a party is 5€, 75 people will pay with a 5€ bill, 25 with a 10€ bill. The register starts empty. What is the probability for something going wrong (as in more people who pay with 10€ bills, than 5€ bills in the register". So you programmed all that and each time it happened that you couldn't pay someone who paid 10 their 5€ bill back, you'd increase the counter. At the end you'd divide the counter by the total number of tries and you'd get a value between 0 and 1, giving you the probability.

Loooong story short: We could do the same with the total number of concerts and the counter increasing each time Bruce sings the chorus correctly :D

He did say sooner than you think tho, we may have another album soon
Let's hope so. It will tie in nicely with the band's 50th anniv. I guess early 2024 is possible for recordings (release in 2025... or 2026), although Steve said they will be focusing on touring now. I think they will do a 4-month tour next year, TFP. And I still think they will want to celebrate their anniv with a classic Hits tour (hopefully with more rare songs in the set).

Last edited:
Maiden's shows don't work well in outdoor environments and that always bugged me when I lived in Atlanta. They always played Lakewood Amphitheater and the sound and loss of atmosphere stunk. We don't really get loads of metal music festivals in the states... too much EDM, country and pop crap like Ultra, EDC and Coachella. Don't get me wrong, back in the day, those edm festivals had amazing music but that was 15+ years ago. I always had to travel to see a good setting with them. Charlotte 2012 was outside too. I love Sunrise and Tampa as you can see by my sig, it's my goto spot for them lol
I still live in Atlanta and yes I really don't like Lakewood Amphitheater (or whatever they call it now) for concerts. Wish they would go to State Farm or Gwinnett Arena. If they must do outdoors someone needs to tell Rod about the Amphitheater in Alpharetta. It's much nicer, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back