The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me think how good the song would have been between 1999 and 2005 when he was at the height of his power. Same as Icarus.
1999 might've actually been worse considering the fucking absurd tempos Nicko was pulling in that year. Some of the fastest Aces Highs from that year sound like a completely different song, it's like a speed metal rearrangement. Sometime in the 2000s though, oh man, that would've been a treat.

Someone here wrote that Nicko might have an account on the official forum, so Janick might have an account here?

Please, please, Janick, listen, you have to play the solo at 8.20 in "Hell on Earth" the exact way it is on the album!
I interpret that part of the song as a form of tension/release and the solo is perfectly composed for that.
At least at "my" gig play it like that and then this version for the live album, otherwise that would be such a shame. Thanks a lot in advance!

I do not know why some people tell me that I am always too optimistic.

Weekends like this I am thankful I am alive and walking the same earth and living in the same time span as those fine, majestic chaps in Iron Maiden, and you lovely lot.

Lovely to drop into the Cart and Horses for some pre gig beers and vibes. It was buzzin. My second visit.

Another astounding show tonight at the O2. A funny moment ensued when the Trooper background failed miserably, so wasn't used. Tehehehehe!!

Massive love and shout outs to all the excellent people I have spoken to. Just saying.

Best band, best fans.

I think Nicko's decided it's funnier to leave everyone guessing since we're slowly crept up to "Bruce has difficulties getting the words out" on the tempo scale again. It's a little slower than the album version. There's ever more bass drum triplets in the song. Nicko is, and still remains, 71 years old. He also is, and still remains, the best heavy metal drummer there's ever been.

A funny moment ensued when the Trooper background failed miserably, so wasn't used. Tehehehehe!!
A problem with the backdrop - that's new! Trooper with Wasted Years (tour poster) backdrop! Trooper Eddie is probably mad about this... :D

I think the placement of DOFP was a bit of a momentum zapper. It would have worked better later on in the set.

It doesn’t take away from the fact that the show was stunning. Visually and musically.
Where? After HCW? I think it's a good live song (with a difficult chorus for Bruce) with a faster tempo which is great after two mid-tempo songs.

About your second comment, I'm glad to hear that.
All those people talking about the crowd and how great it was, you have obviously never attended a gig in the south of Europe.
Just wait to see the shows in SA next year. This set is as if it was made for them.
It makes me think how good the song would have been between 1999 and 2005 when he was at the height of his power.
Or 2008. I never doubted Bruce. My worries were for Nicko. Amazing years for Bruce who is still going strong and huge respect for Nicko. <3
1999 might've actually been worse considering the fucking absurd tempos Nicko was pulling in that year. Some of the fastest Aces Highs from that year sound like a completely different song, it's like a speed metal rearrangement. Sometime in the 2000s though, oh man, that would've been a treat.
Maiden became a power metal band live in 1998-1999. :lol:
Why is success live always measured by whether the audience sings along?
I never sing along. After all, I'm there to listen, and not to my own singing.
You have a point. I never thought about that. Not every song needs to have singalongs.
Nicko is, and still remains, 71 years old. He also is, and still remains, the best heavy metal drummer there's ever been.
This is the very truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back