The Final Frontier charts' thread

Kamelion said:
Links to the BBC's own page on the band below - it mentions that the band has sold millions of albums without any real radio or tv support.  Nice to see the BBC acknowledging its own shortcomings, heh heh heh...  :D
To be fair that was pulled directly from Wikipedia. I could put anything in there and as the Beeb have chosen to lift Wiki entries directly...

Albie said:
To be fair that was pulled directly from Wikipedia. I could put anything in there and as the Beeb have chosen to lift Wiki entries directly...

I don't get it... since when did using Wikipedia information to summarize chart positions become illegal?

OK, now I'm confused. I was quoting someone else and I never said taking wiki entries was illegal. How was I "busting you balls"?

Oh so forget it, I thought you were saying that I should've known better not to post the album charts off of Wikipedia, so I didn't understand why exactly you were saying that. :oops:

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Those usually aren't released until at least a week after the release date.
How the fuck can he be charting above Maiden if he hasn't had a new album out recently? I know he's popular, but I find it hard to believe he's still selling that many copies every week.
It went to #1 in Canada!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Maiden_discography FUCK YOU JUSTIN BOOBER!!!

However, if you click the 61, it brings you to this: http://inmusic.ca/news_and_features/the ... d/57b5283a is that just for HMV or does it represent Canada's album charts in general?
You need to update Canada. :)

That's awesome.  Notice that all the comments on there are from Maiden fans.  Only loyal fans do that. ;)

I on't know if the HMV Canada sales are actually the national album chart - Perhaps LC can clarify on that one

TFF has sold platinum in Finland, which means over 20000. I bet it will be no1 in finnish chart second week in a row.

Speaking of Wikipedia, i'm under the impression that this was my friends doing because he put me onto it, has anyone seen the rather ambiguous fact on the Steve Harris trivia section, it's been there about 6 months now.

To put things in perspective, the idea that a metal band, who often isn't very popular anymore among your "common" metal head, and gets next to no radio or air play being that high on the chart is by FAR a greater accomplisment than any of those other acts being number one.  It would be like coming 2nd or 3rd in a car race, but running on foot to do it.  Iron Maiden is the biggest middle finger to the corporate media world, period.

chaosapiant said:
To put things in perspective, the idea that a metal band, who often isn't very popular anymore among your "common" metal head, and gets next to no radio or air play being that high on the chart is by FAR a greater accomplisment than any of those other acts being number one.  It would be like coming 2nd or 3rd in a car race, but running on foot to do it.  Iron Maiden is the biggest middle finger to the corporate media world, period.

QFT.

I tried explaining to my friends (who aren't in to metal at all) how big of an accomplishment this is. No radio play + top charts is a HUGE feat.
Though maybe Coming Home could make it on to a satellite (hah) radio channel sometime. Boneyard on Sirius maybe? I heard Rime on it a few months back and was so happy.
Still crossing my fingers for #1 in Canada and hoping that it gets at least top 3 in the US.

chaosapiant said:

Remember perspective: only in America.  We've discussed this once before, too. :)

Great to see the band getting their first no 1 album in the uk since FOTD, putting eminem off the top spot and the saturdays, (uk girl group going in at no3)
Can only be a good thing for the band

Invader said:
Remember perspective: only in America.  We've discussed this once before, too. :)

Very true, and I should have mentioned that. The US has always been Iron Maiden's biggest hurdle, and to see them hit #3 would be fantastic, considering all the points I made in my earlier post.

Back