Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maiden is so mainstream...;)

I read this article the other day which is very relevant for this discussion. I have to admit it did shock me a bit:

http://www.theweek.co.uk/arts-life/59426/aerosmith-earned-more-from-guitar-hero-than-albums

"Other artists have found similar financial success through products other than straight record sales." -

Iron Maiden have always been able to do this, thanks to some brilliant marketing. They are doing it even more now with Maiden headphones, Maiden beer...etc etc.

Just wait until they launch their brand new Iron Maiden jeep.

Why not? Because as far as I'm concerned, headphones shouldn't be treated as a way to make a buck by offering run of the mill/crappy//ok phones and slap a logo onto it. Beats by Maiden? They can do whatever they like but I hope people don't choose their headphones based on whether they have Eddie on them or not. Headphones isn't merch.

Iron Maiden, what are you doing?! You...what....how......stop selling out!
Stop spewing bullshit. Maiden is a band that plays music. Headphones are used to listen to music. Hence Maiden making headphones makes sense in a way. It's not like they are making coffins or condoms like Kiss.

And I have no problem with what Kiss are doing, because everybody knows they are a joke and have been for a long time. Iron Maiden has worked long and hard for their cred and I think this is the wrong way to go to make money for me, as far as credibility go. I'm sure the headphones are going to be ok as far as run of the mill headphones go, and some fans will think it's cool, but to me it harms their brand and my perception of the band. I don't think there should be Iron Maiden vinyl players, studio monitors or "Iron Maiden guitar amps - For the young guitar player who is ready to rock" either.

In the end, it's completely up to them and anybody can buy it. I do however think it devalues the Iron Maiden name and I don't think it's a stretch to believe so.

They haven't gone to the extremes like Kiss no..but still, they are up there...

Right now they're advertising Maiden skateboard decks on the Facebook page. Last summer they had Maiden football jerseys to go with the world cup....Just to mention a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back