Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We’ll be touring in August with a very huge English metal band in the States in South America, and we’re hoping to get our record out sometime in the summer.”

Is this supposed to be 'The States and South America'?

No. Mustaine has inside knowledge of American plans to annex Colombia, Venezuela and the best beaches around Rio.

@RTC and @harrisdevot , Lemmy considers them a rock 'n' roll band, which is a pretty broad church, but they are, in every aspect, a metal band. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Like I said, they contributed to the NWOBHM enormously, but they are generally accepted as rock because that's what they consider themselves.

Like I said, they contributed to the NWOBHM enormously, but they are generally accepted as rock because that's what they consider themselves.

Let's agree to differ. To me, they'll always be a metal band. In the great scheme of things, it's wholly unimportant!

I think they really have been recording since september in Paris. So they finally finish all the stuff in december. The drumms are always recorded in the first place, so Nicko can be bach in Florida just after complete his part in the sessions so far :)

This would make sense with a "traditional" way of recording tracks, but, considering Shirley's modus operandi, Nicko leaving could mean that most of the stuff is done and that they "only" have to record vocals, guitar solos and overdubs.

I think they really have been recording since september in Paris. So they finally finish all the stuff in december. The drumms are always recorded in the first place, so Nicko can be bach in Florida just after complete his part in the sessions so far :)
Not always. Some albums are still recorded live, for the most part: Rhytm guitars, bass, drums and guide vocals.

Maybe, but I suppose they wanna make the recordings most proffesional as it seems to be possible, band is still covered with silence to put some infos on official board but I would like to get some news from the studio and future for the band in december or so.

Maybe, but I suppose they wanna make the recordings most proffesional as it seems to be possible, band is still covered with silence to put some infos on official board but I would like to get some news from the studio and future for the band in december or so.
That's how they recorded A Matter of Life and Death.

What has been the timescale from finishing recording to album release on the last few albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back