Steve Harris

I've got a question: in those theaters with seats (that's the case with Queen Elizabeth), are we supposed to sit down? I guess a rush towards the stage is not an option, but are there strict rules?

Never been to that venue, but standing has never been an issue for any rock show I've seen in similar venues.

Nice! Come to Ottawa for the 3rd, it's on a Saturday!

I was supposed to take my wife out of town on November 3rd - will see if I can back out (or see if I can interest her in coming with - she loves Ottawa).

I've got a question: in those theaters with seats (that's the case with Queen Elizabeth), are we supposed to sit down? I guess a rush towards the stage is not an option, but are there strict rules?

I've only seen one show at the Queen Elizabeth before. It was King Crimson, virtually everyone was sitting. I would imagine that for something more energetic/conventional, most people will be on their feet. (Short of getting smacked in the head by whoever's behind me, I plan to be on my feet).

It would be horrible to sit during such a gig. I had to sit during a Maiden gig in Dublin last year: everybody remained on their seats, at least in my area. Shitty.

There could be many valid reasons why people would remain on their seats, including health issues or just the fact they might prefer to enjoy the show that way. ;)

in regards to sitting down, if you have a ticket that is in a seated section then the etiquette is to observe those around you and do as others do. Be prepared to have to sit down all gig if no one around you stands. I sometimes get seated tickets as sometimes I do prefer to sit down and watch a gig. It royally pees me off if someone stands up in front of me and obscures my view. If the arena is set up as such that I can still see the stage if someone is standing up in front of me then fine but if not I will tell people to sit down and will make them if they don't!

I always feel if you wanted to stand then purchase a standing ticket. If you couldn't get one as they were all sold out then tough shit I'm afraid.

in regards to sitting down, if you have a ticket that is in a seated section then the etiquette is to observe those around you and do as others do. Be prepared to have to sit down all gig if no one around you stands. I sometimes get seated tickets as sometimes I do prefer to sit down and watch a gig. It royally pees me off if someone stands up in front of me and obscures my view. If the arena is set up as such that I can still see the stage if someone is standing up in front of me then fine but if not I will tell people to sit down and will make them if they don't!

I always feel if you wanted to stand then purchase a standing ticket. If you couldn't get one as they were all sold out then tough shit I'm afraid.

It's an all seated theater. I wouldn't have bought a seat otherwise.

Last edited:
british lion dates announced on the Maiden site
November
1st - Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Toronto, Canada
2nd - Maxwell's Waterloo, Canada
3rd - Brass Monkey, Ottawa, Canada
4th - L'Imperial Quebec City, Canada
5th - Theatre Corona, Montreal, Canada
9th - Circo Voador, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
10th - Cine Joia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
13th - Opiniao, Porto Alegre, Brazil
16th - Obras, Buenos Aires, Argentina