1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Harris

Discussion in 'Solo/Side Project Discussion' started by Night Prowler, Jul 18, 2012.

1. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

Brigantium likes this.
  2. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

That is part of the charm

Dibs on the AMOLOD room with in room tank

3. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Which, I suspect, is why it hasn't sold.

4. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

I love Steve...But my first thought is that his Essex house typifies a stereotypical 80s successful rocker house - huge & completely impractical, over-the-top, with gaudy/tacky decor that looks more like a museum than an actual home. How the heck did he raise his small kids there without them getting impaled on the iron accessories or breaking their skulls on the brickwork?

Brigantium and GhostofCain like this.
  5. GhostofCain

Don't forget the working class pub to have a drink not having to mix with the working class! :lol:

That being said, the people who could afford to buy that house would get rid of the tacky decoration. The fact that he has not been able to sell it shows that he wants too much money for it.

soundwave likes this.
  6. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

LOL! Forgot about the pub!

Oh yeah, and then there's Janick w/family (photo from the Gers thread that linked to his family history). A bit easier for me to relate to. Steve's family probably had to be careful not to get hit by the portcullis in their holiday photo at the Essex place :p (edit: not implying that this is Janick's place, but his 'every-man' credentials are more believable).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    GhostofCain likes this.
  7. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

That's probably one of Janick's visits to his relatives in Poland. But yes, by all accounts, Janick quietly fits in with the community of moderately successful local business professionals, nothing too flashy.

For the money he was asking, they could have something trendy and brand new, or a more *cough* unspoiled period property in a pretty bit of Norfolk/Suffolk. Not Stately Steve Manor. I wonder what they'll charge to stay there?

soundwave likes this.
  8. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

Rather than distancing himself from his roots I think Steve's gaff looks exactly like the sort of place a working class footballer* would have bought in the 80's.

*example of a profession where working class people ended up making money

9. GhostofCain

I do not disagree with that, but always found pretty ironic that he would rather not go to his local pub, probably full of working class people! :lol:

Anyway, I am more puzzled about his tax exile status, which coincided with boasting about Britishness with the release of the British Lion album.

10. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

It's a shame they didn't come to Dublin for tax exile status like Def Leppard did!