Star Wars Cantina Band

Ah, the memories. I used to work in an office, and one guy used this song to deal with annoying customers.

He'd be on the phone getting annoyed, politely put the customer on hold, and walk around the office holding his head in his hands and scat-singing this song.

Apparently, it worked.

The second still in that makes me want to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic again.

That game is awesome. Now I want to play it again.

I own it on Steam, it's already installed. Just...I know if I start, I won't stop. One of the best RPGs of all time.

LooseCannon said:
I own it on Steam, it's already installed. Just...I know if I start, I won't stop. One of the best RPGs of all time.

Agree, the first one was great, the second not as good, but still fun once you get past the initial planet.

Looking forward to the next version, though not sure about the MMO aspect of it.

I wasn't aware you were an rpg fan, bearfan. Now I like you even more. I only got KotOR recently, when it was on sale for $2 on Steam. I can literally say it was the best $2 I ever spent. Such a great, great game.

I'm not so sure about SWTOR either. I don't care for MMOs. All my friends are excited for it, so I'll see if it's any good from them. People need to remember that like 95% of MMOs flop horribly.

LooseCannon said:
I wasn't aware you were an rpg fan, bearfan. Now I like you even more. I only got KotOR recently, when it was on sale for $2 on Steam. I can literally say it was the best $2 I ever spent. Such a great, great game.

I'm not so sure about SWTOR either. I don't care for MMOs. All my friends are excited for it, so I'll see if it's any good from them. People need to remember that like 95% of MMOs flop horribly.
I love, love, love KOTOR. I'm not a big gamer, but I can play that game for ages. I've beaten it several times (and Sith Lords) and it never gets old.

LooseCannon said:

I do not play a ton of games, but generally like sports (mainly football and baseball/strategy games  (PC games like the Panzer General series, Starcraft, etc) moreso than shooters.  KotOR is just a great game, it was not that great for getting sleep, it is a hard game to stop playing and it is fun to play over and over.

I did just pick up LA Noire, going to start playing that in a few weeks.

I'm looking forward to LA Noire. It looks fantastic. I hope they port it to PC soon.

After KotOR is played through...again...I'm thinking it might be time to give the DLCs on Fallout 3 another runthrough.

I dislike Fallout 3. One of the worst FPS/RPG hybrids I've played. But I love the original games.

Speaking of FPS/RPGs, I want to play System Shock 2 now.

See, I would say Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games of all time. I thought it was damn near perfect. I'm interested in knowing why you think it's so poor.

I'll have to check that one out. I have the original Fallout but it doesn't run on my computer. :\

It just feels too simplified and consolized. It doesn't feel like Fallout, so maybe I could enjoy it more if I forget that it's a Fallout game? I like it good enough to think it's a ok game, but there are just more superior FPS/RPG hybrids out there like System Shock 2 Deus Ex for example. I really recommend those two.

Mosh, it's DOS software. Run it with DOSBox.

I'm playing Freelancer again, this game is immense. Anyone know any recent title with similar gameplay?

Vap said:
Mosh, it's DOS software. Run it with DOSBox.
I'll try that then.
I installed it... Now what, I just install the game now?

I'm writing this from memory, note that

1. Launch DOSBox
2. Type mount e e:/ -t cdrom (letters must all be lowercase for the mount command) Note that you might need to mount an other drive than E. It's the drive where your CD is in.
3. write E:/
4. Run install.exe by typing the filename. I'm not sure what it is but probably install.

Vap said:
It just feels too simplified and consolized. It doesn't feel like Fallout, so maybe I could enjoy it more if I forget that it's a Fallout game? I like it good enough to think it's a ok game, but there are just more superior FPS/RPG hybrids out there like System Shock 2 Deus Ex for example. I really recommend those two.

I really felt otherwise. I thought it did a great job bringing the world from Fallout/Fallout 2 to a bigger, more dynamic life. I didn't feel it was simple, either. SPECIAL is still there, and all the appropriate level alterations, perks, etc. I also tend to use VATS a lot in it, which retained a lot of the turn-based feel.

I wasn't a big fan of Deus Ex, personally.

Back