Rant Thread

As @MindRuler is, I'm sorry for you too, @Night Prowler. :(

Well, that's the same situation for a lot of people here in France. But, here we have some security nets to avoid people the fall. I guess you're not living in Europe... In a lot of english-speaking countries, the things are very difficult because there are no financial helps for working people who want to leave their jobs because of difficult bosses or colleagues. And I'm sorry for that. Maybe you should see an occupational physician or a social worker and speak with them about your problem. Or maybe on Facebook : there should be a discussion group with people who share the same difficulties as yours ?

All I can do from France now, is sending you a lot of positives vibrations and hope that your situation will resolve quickly and happily very soon. :)

Stay strong, we are here to support you. ;)

I'm joining the band @Brigantium.

The boss has lost his goddamned mind this week, shouting and humiliating everyone in person and over the phone. I don't have much patience for this shit. I don't have to tolerate him. I can find another job, and I don't have a family that depends on my salary. If this shit continues, I've devised 3 options:
1) Quit. Go to China to join a friend of mine in teaching English, where I'd earn much more money and less stress.
2) Quit. Find a new job unrelated to this one.
3) Quit. Do the same job, but start my own agency because I have the knowledge and why not keep using it. Do things my own, better way.
4) Tell him that I won't tolerate his shouting anymore, which will probably lead me to 3 previous options :p
And things were so much easier 5 years ago...

I'm in Serbia. If I got fired, I could register at the work bureau and I'd get some money for 3 months. If I quit by myself, I get nothing.

Never knew you'd moved to Serbia.
But whatever you do, try not ending up with an idiot boss and a salary too low this time.

Is there a word for this thing when you're in a conversation and your conversation partner says "there should be a movie about this" and you point out that there are three but they are making up reasons not to watch any of them, like the title is stupid or the review score is underwhelming, or when you cite information from a book you read and your conversation partner doesn't believe it and you provide them with the book but they won't even look at it and say it's because the publisher seems kinda sketchy even though they know jack shit about academic publishers?

Oh yeah, "laziness", that's the word I was looking for.

Laziness is the root cause for such behavior, as the subject doesn’t want to spend any energy to go out of their comfort zone trying to process any info other than what they already know.
The actual word is something in the likes of bigotry, fanaticism, self imposed blindness, something of this caliper, in my opinion.

No it's not about not knowing something but essentially denial to process anything that would disturb your view.
7OFg.gif

I don’t like to rant much, but man, stomach flu in the middle of the night, it sucks. I’m home with one of my kids, my wife and my youngest kid on their way to the hospital due to danger of dehydration.

Started with Covid in october, then RS virus with sinusitis afterwards, flu in the new year and now this crap. Don’t know how it feels to be in good health anymore

I applied for a job and after the 1st interview, they gave me a task to do before the 2nd interview. It said that I shouldn't spend more than 30 minutes working on it. So I did it in 30 minutes, During the 2nd interview, I said I'd spend more time but I followed the instructions.

They reject me a few days after the interview with a bullshit template. I ask for more feedback. They tell me it's because I didn't spend enough time on research for the task. LMFAO

Think I'll start blatantly lying in interviews from now on.

Cunts

Back