Rank the Steve Solo efforts on Senjutsu

You forgot you know why

I can see why someone finds the ''intro & outro'' of the song boring, but badly arranged in the vocal lines department? No way. A song with different parts/melodies cannot be boring. And if one song on the album needs more repetition (of some parts) - it's Hell On Earth!
On that note, god the Senjutsu title track is a boring song and their most boring show opener possibly ever
Senjutsu might not be the best show opener, but it's an epic song in every sense of the word.

I can't stand that song . Glad others like it but I've given it multiple chances but the title track just sounds like one note droning on at the same tempo for 8 minutes. It's along with El Dorado my least favourite Maiden song.

Firstly since it was mentioned, el dorado blows all these away. In my opinion anyway. Iove that cut! But I digress :

Parchment
Hell on earth
DOTC

Huge gap-

Senjutsu-

The title track just grinds my gears. Parts of this tune sounds like an old-timey Lawrence Welk show sing a long.
Bruce sounds like he’s bored and making it up as to be funny as he goes. To me He really shows his age, sounds even older than he is.on Senjutsu., the song.
It’s just not at all a song the album should be named after, again, in my opinion.
Parchment and Hell on earth are excellent. Hell on Earth would have been an awesome name for this album.

I really love Senjutsu the song. I think it would have been fine (perhaps better) if they went with the original title of The Great Wall. And I concur Hell on Earth would have been a great title for the album and theme for a live show. The current backdrop for the song would have made a great wrap around cover for the album. But I guess Steve was keen for a Japanese theme.

That short little solo that begins when Bruce sings Lord of Light in the darkness, our guide is Janick, right? And Dave has a long solo before Janick has another very short, but very nice solo/lead part.
I was talking about “Death of the Celts”, but yeah, “Parchment” is Janick, Dave, Janick, Adrian, Janick, Adrian.

Hell, Parchement, and then I go back and forth on the next two. Depends on my mood.

The one thing I will give credit for on the epics is that they are all very different. Ok they have similar structures but the moods are really different for each song.

Hell On Earth > Lost In A Lost World >> The Parchment >>>>> Death Of The Celts

1. Hell on Earth
2. Lost in a Lost World
3. The Parchment
4. Death of the Celts

I can't stand the last 2.
predator-handshake.gif

1. Hell On Earth
  2. Lost In A Lost World
  3. Death Of The Celts
  4. The Parchment

Four songs that, despite some "flaws" vary from great to excellent IMO.

Back