Prediction: Does Maiden do one more album? And what's the theme if so?

The last 2 classics tours were based VERY LOOSELY on the world slavery tour and the seventh son tour. I was actually pretty annoyed with the last 2 history tours. The first one was brilliant and stuck rigidly to the first 4 albums. The somewhere back in time tour was starting to take the pee with adding moonchild and fear of the dark amongst others. It should have been the live after death set but had so many changes and too many from a later period.

The Somewhere Back in Time was intended to cover the Live After Death to Maiden England era, with Live After Death being released on DVD first and Maiden England to follow soon after that. That is what was hinted at in the original press release and why the setlist included gems like Moonchild. They later changed their plans, quite possibly when they saw how successful the tour was and then decided to have a separate tour for Maiden England a few years later...

The 2014 leg of ME tour wasn't necessary IMHO. It was 1 year too long and the band seemed out of it in 2014. They should have gone in studio a year before. But considering what a great album they released after, I'm completely glad that the things went the way they went.

I know a lot of people say Bruce sounds great but I personally have found him to have an issue singing their older songs quite badly. He does the newer ones just fine as it's in tone to his singing style these days but he is butchering older songs quite badly... I can't really see them doing another album... This one is so good it'd be great to end on it.

I know a lot of people say Bruce sounds great but I personally have found him to have an issue singing their older songs quite badly. He does the newer ones just fine as it's in tone to his singing style these days but he is butchering older songs quite badly... I can't really see them doing another album... This one is so good it'd be great to end on it.

:eek: Children of the Damned has not sounded this great live since 1982. It is certainly on par with his performances from 2009 and a similar thing can be said about Powerslave, to name just another oldie he nails and does better than in the mid 80s.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. :dancinggeek:

He struggles with songs with fast lyrics (
Wrathchild, Trooper, TRATB
). He sounds better than on ME tour on stuff with slower lyrics. Also this year's set is vocaly a lot harder than the one from previous year.
TOAC
was a perfect song to chill the vocals for a while.

His performances from 2009 were nothing to brag about either though.... I think he wears himself out running around the stage... Many songs sound like he needs to catch his breath. Just my observation.... Of course, he's almost 60... I'm glad they are still going but I would not be optimistic about another album

in regards to the post above, it does appear the faster songs are his down falling. I would not be opposed to the removal of those songs honestly... Powerslave was fine and Children was too. Trooper, NOTB, FOTD, ect were taking his breath away literally

Well I would bet more on a new album than on another greatest hits tour with the point you just made :D . The new songs can be tailored to his current voice (unless Steve is too stuborn :p ), old songs can destroy it.

Well I would bet more on a new album than on another greatest hits tour with the point you just made :D . The new songs can be tailored to his current voice (unless Steve is too stuborn :p ), old songs can destroy it.

unless the hits tour is the 90s.... well, actually...... FOTD album has a lot of fast tracks... Be quick or be dead would destroy him...

I could agree with a lot of that... They wore themselves out quite badly after the World Slavery Tour... Live After Death would have sounded much better had they recorded it at the beginning of the tour and not the end.....

As I stated a few times before, I think that history tours are now over. They have 1-2 more albums in them I believe. 1 of them potentialy next year. Nicko also wants to do a one off concert with orchestra to play Empire (along with Alexander, Blood Brothers etc.) He said that he would do it even if not all IM band members are there (asumingly with Bruce, H and different musicians, under the name Bruce Dickinson), but of course he would prefer full band. So that could be potentialy happeing in the near future.

He struggles with songs with fast lyrics (
Wrathchild, Trooper, TRATB
). He sounds better than on ME tour on stuff with slower lyrics. Also this year's set is vocaly a lot harder than the one from previous year.
TOAC
was a perfect song to chill the vocals for a while.

Agreed.
Steve's tongue-twisting lyrics are a pain to sing (I did try to do that when I was in a band).

That being said, I think he is stronger this year than last year and some of his performances have been pretty remarkable.

As I stated a few times before, I think that history tours are now over. They have 1-2 more albums in them I believe. 1 of them potentialy next year. Nicko also wants to do a one off concert with orchestra to play Empire (along with Alexander, Blood Brothers etc.) He said that he would do it even if there not all IM band members are there (asumingly with Bruce, H and different musicians, under the name Bruce Dickinson), but of course he would prefer full band. So that could be potentialy happeing in the near future.

I know there is a tour next year as stated by several fan club members who talked with Dave Murray's tech who said they will be on the road next year.... If they are doing another album, it'd be odd for them to do it so quickly and then head out between albums... they have been taking longer breaks between newer album releases

Nicko also wants to do a one off concert with orchestra to play Empire (along with Alexander, Blood Brothers etc.) He said that he would do it even if not all IM band members are there (asumingly with Bruce, H and different musicians, under the name Bruce Dickinson), but of course he would prefer full band. So that could be potentialy happeing in the near future.

To be honest, I do not think that is ever going to happen.

I know there is a tour next year as stated by several fan club members who talked with Dave Murray's tech who said they will be on the road next year.... If they are doing another album, it'd be odd for them to do it so quickly and then head out between albums... they have been taking longer breaks between newer album releases

They are aware their time is short. My bet is on a short tour with a career spanning setlist (similar to GMETID) followed by an album tour.

They now know that time is ticking. They also have agreed that they tour at least for 2 months every year (a member stated that in an interview, can't remember which one). So yes, they will be touring next year. Speaking of an album, if they start recording in October, it could be released in let's say April next year, especially knowing their producing methods. The album tour could be from June forwards.

The scenarios:

Most likely:
1. They record a new album in the fall and tour it next year.

Very likely:
2. They have a GMETID style tour next year.

Plausible:
3. They do a few (10 at most) shows with an orchestra in Europe.

My hope is they add more reunion songs to whatever tour we get. A classics tour with Breeg, Dance of Death, Brave new World El Dorado, Speed of light .....in the case of the first 4 I mentioned, these are basically classics at this point.
Add those 5 to 10/11 from the golden era and im stoked...

I can't see Empire being performed without Bruce + he already performed with an orchestra. H is second most likely to participate on that project, because he also already recorded with an orchestra and is very methodical in his playing, which is required with the orchestra.

Name Bruce Dickinson? It isn't Maiden if Steve isn't there.

Trunk interview:
Nicko really wants to play Empire with an orchestra and stated that he would love the whole band to play it. He also stated that he would do that gig regardless if all IM members are there or not (if not the the concert would probably be under Bruce's name). He would also love to perform Blood Brothers, because they could get rid of that "stupid synth".

Steve is the least likely to participate. If he is keen to do it, I believe that will happen in the near future. I would kill to hear Paschendale, DOD, TROBB, SSOASS, BNW, Infinite Dreams, WTWWB and TBOS with an orchestra.

If not, Bruce, Nicko and H should get Roy Z and currently unemployed Geddy Lee on bass and perform it as Bruce Dickinson Band. :D . And also throw Tears Of A Dragon in for a good measure.

Last edited:
Back