Prediction: Does Maiden do one more album? And what's the theme if so?

At least one more, Purple are a good bit older than them and still going strong

At least one more, Purple are a good bit older than them and still going strong

Not Ian Gillan's voice, that's for sure. I do enjoy Deep Purple's recent albums a lot, but live Gillan has been pretty weak for some time now.

Last edited:
I would say some sort of career spanning tour next year (not as extensive as TBOS tour), followed by the release of a new album and its subsequent tour. After that, who knows? Retirement, possibly.

Yeah, they'll do another album. I don't know how they'll top TBOS at their age, but I have faith.

I would say some sort of career spanning tour next year (not as extensive as TBOS tour), followed by the release of a new album and its subsequent tour. After that, who knows? Retirement, possibly.

I agree, I think we'll get a career/hits tour that maybe goes 3 months at most with like 40-50 dates in the world and then a new album. Then a new album tour, another live album, a greatest hits tour as a farewell.

Do we need another greatest hits tour made up of songs that have been played regularly over last two history tours and set list staples? I wouldn't mind a set list taken from the From Here to Eternity album. Perhaps get the fans to vote for a set list or album to play in its entirety?

To be honest, a fan-voted setlist wouldn't really amount to much changes at all. Stuff like RTTH, NOTB and The Trooper are still highly likely to be played. We might get Killers and Infinite Dreams or even Alexander The Great out of it but the general public is gonna vote for the stuff they know which amounts to their biggest hits only.

It would be amazing if for a farewell tour they went in the opposite direction and instead of greatest hits, gave us rare songs only and maybe some debuts. Alexander could be the centerpiece with songs like Stranger or No Prayer making their return. Of course the staples would still be there. 5 or 6 rares is enough to make it special. Eh, forget the farewell. Give me this tour now! It's perfect for a short run between albums.

I'm gonna go a little crazy and predict that the next "greatest hits" tour will be the summer 2018 before a new album release (like TFF 2010) and that will be their rarities/never played live tour. Maybe one or two never played songs (possibly including something from TBOS), one or two real rarities, and two or three semi rare songs like COTD. Then a new song and the usual classics. If it goes well they might continue that into a farewell tour.

I personally would love to see them do what Van Halen is currently doing and bring both lead singers on the road. Have Bruce do his biggest hits with the band, then have Paul get out there and do hits from Killers and the debut. Then for the encore they both go out and sing Iron Maiden, Running Free, and Sanctuary.

I personally would love to see them do what Van Halen is currently doing and bring both lead singers on the road. Have Bruce do his biggest hits with the band, then have Paul get out there and do hits from Killers and the debut. Then for the encore they both go out and sing Iron Maiden, Running Free, and Sanctuary.

Nice idea... But have you seen Paul sing recently? He is bloody awful live.

A straight jacket clad mummified astronaut navigating both the high sees and the direction of his post life soul, dawns the cover of this Religious, yet pre historic inspired , WWII slash Everest expedition themed album through the futuristic streets of turn of the century London.
And it's Eddie.

Should be a strong career closer.

I don't think the band would do this, but I would be happy if they went into semi-retirement and continued to release albums, but only did 10-12 big shows in the major markets to support it (I would love to see them continue to do the big tours, but would sacrifice if that meant a few more new albums instead of the inevitable one new one that we are probably going to get).

The great thing is that now that the new album supporting tour is almost wrapped up, the next thing will be another classics tour!

On the past two classics tours they've revisited particular tours. The Somewhere Back in Time tour was based on the World Slavery Tour (1984-85), and the Maiden England Tour was based on the Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour (1988-89). I for one would love to see them do a tour based on Somewhere on Tour (1986-87), and play some of those good songs like Caught Somewhere in Time, Sea of Madness, Stranger in a Strange Land, Heaven Can Wait, Wasted Years, etc. mixed in with other classics. I would absolutely DIE if they did this.

The last 2 classics tours were based VERY LOOSELY on the world slavery tour and the seventh son tour. I was actually pretty annoyed with the last 2 history tours. The first one was brilliant and stuck rigidly to the first 4 albums. The somewhere back in time tour was starting to take the pee with adding moonchild and fear of the dark amongst others. It should have been the live after death set but had so many changes and too many from a later period.

Same with the Maiden England tour. It was supposed to be the Maiden England DVD tour set list yet so many classics dropped for songs that weren't even around in that era yet!

My hope was that live in donnington would be the next DVD/blu ray release with the early years part 4. It looks like the early years docs are over. I would have been happy if they had toured the set list from live at donnington and dropped a couple of tunes to stick some X factor and VXI Songs as these albums won't get a history doc that for sure ora tour. That would have wrapped up the history tours for now then the final tour before they end could be the final history tour which covers the full reunion era. Perfect way to end with an album of new material and a brief tour for that sandwiched in between.

Back