Powerslave anniversary year 2024 (and LAD soon after)

Like the ones from Motörhead?
I was thinking CD versions, but yes I would also like these type of reissues Motörhead have done. The 2015 ones are basically digipack versions of the original pressings, they don’t have anything extra

Btw, little story...: Reading the first lines you might wonder "what does this have to do with Maiden?", but it does have. :)
Last month I was given a box full of old stuff by my parents, full of personal things from my childhood - along with the question if I needed it or not, I might would wanna take a look. My parents are in their mif 70s nowadays and they're cleaning up their house a bit. Inside this box there was, along with various other things, an original X-ray picture taken by my dentist that I went to when I was a ten year old boy, displaying my complete jaw as it got considered to fit my teeth with braces. That picture looks like new, just as if it was being made only yesterday. It obviously went straight to this box right after it had been made and wasn't being touched again for almost 40 years. My first reflex was to throw this X-ray photography away, why would I ever need it nowadays... but... all the time I felt like there was something with the date it was taken. First I had no clue...: March 14 1985... :blink::blink::blink: Family matters like someone's birthday maybe? :nuts2: No, not really. :huh: And suddently... :scared::scared::scared::applause::applause::applause:
Yes, the first night of the legendary Long Beach Arena shows that later turned into the Live After Death release. :yes::yes::yes: So this X-ray pic has a very special place in my Maiden collection now. :) It even has a time written to it - 3:30 p.m. (German time), so it was 6:30 a.m. in California that moment, band and crew were just about to start their day and very soon would begin to set things up inside of Long Beach Arena.

The interesting thing is that I wasn't a Maiden fan at that time but became short after. In March 1985 I never heard of Maiden but got introduced to their music only a few months later, around the end of 1985.

Last edited:
They already did that in 1995, it would have been far better if the 98 remasters never happened and those 95 editions were more widespread
Definetly. They could also throw out stuff like Rock in Rio 85, Wembley 90, Sweden 06, even Listen with Nicko. Just clear out the archives

I'm expecting very little to nothing at all. Probably will end up with a new beer if we're lucky.

PilsnerSlave.

Time will come!
My thoughts for awhile now have been they will start clearing out the Maiden vault once they stop touring. Still would be nice to have proper anniversary releases when they happen. But they do have a unique situation having the most iconic mascot in Metal, if not in all of music. They Eddie character easily begs to have stories in comics, video games, etc. Perhaps an animated movie someday. I know those aren't for everyone though. Personally I would love to have a big, coffee table book of all the Eddie artwork that's been done over the years from their albums, singles, T-shirts, etc.

My thoughts for awhile now have been they will start clearing out the Maiden vault once they stop touring. Still would be nice to have proper anniversary releases when they happen. But they do have a unique situation having the most iconic mascot in Metal, if not in all of music. They Eddie character easily begs to have stories in comics, video games, etc. Perhaps an animated movie someday. I know those aren't for everyone though. Personally I would love to have a big, coffee table book of all the Eddie artwork that's been done over the years from their albums, singles, T-shirts, etc.
That would be the coolest thing.

The band Kiss, for example, figured out their merchandise/media game a long time ago and still to this day. Surprising Iron Maiden and some other bands haven't really taken full advantage of the monetary gain of merchandise like Kiss had.

KISS has always been utterly commercial phenomenon, since the very beginning. They are just for money as all American glam metal/hard rock acts. Iron Maiden and generally metal is the other pair of socks. But (I suppose) the movie with Eddie starring would be something exciting, so we'll see the future.

KISS has always been utterly commercial phenomenon, since the very beginning. They are just for money as all American glam metal/hard rock acts. Iron Maiden and generally metal is the other pair of socks. But (I suppose) the movie with Eddie starring would be something exciting, so we'll see the future.
I wouldn't mind Iron Maiden "selling out" a bit, but definitely not at Kiss level. Glam was always more about the looks of the musicians than the music itself; I guess men wearing makeup and spandex was attractive at the time. Also, commercial rock bands were focused on being as mainstream as possible. I think Kiss are also overrated, besides two albums I like, but that's besides the point. Without all the merchandise and the costumes, Kiss would've failed.

A Iron Maiden movie would be super cool. It would probably be animated, since live action movies with musicians don't go well (something Kiss did in the 70s, with hilariously bad results)

I wouldn't mind Iron Maiden "selling out" a bit, but definitely not at Kiss level. Glam was always more about the looks of the musicians than the music itself; I guess men wearing makeup and spandex was attractive at the time. Also, commercial rock bands were focused on being as mainstream as possible. I think Kiss are also overrated, besides two albums I like, but that's besides the point. Without all the merchandise and the costumes, Kiss would've failed.

A Iron Maiden movie would be super cool. It would probably be animated, since live action movies with musicians don't go well (something Kiss did in the 70s, with hilariously bad results)
Yeah, you're obviously right. I think Maiden will be with us for next 5 years and finally they're going to surprise fans with something special. Movie and Eddie's Avatar would be great.

I bet Maiden are kicking themselves for not coming up with the graphic novel idea which was used for piece of mind sooner.

They could release a full series for each album on each anniversary along with off shoots for comics based on each song in the album. :p

Some curious things from this interview with Bruce about the POM comic:

Bruce holds up Powerslave (which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year) and Seventh Son as two Maiden albums that would warrant similar spin-offs - ''I had whole story for Seventh Son... back in the day, which we never did anything with it. That would be a really cool thing to do, but it wouldn't be song by song, it would include all the elements of the original story - sort of ''inspired'' by Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son''.

''Comics are such a magnificent medium. You can really set your mind free and take the stories wherever you want. They can be as dark or as funny or as crazy as you want them to be. POM is a work of art. It's a thing of beauty. Every song has a completely different style''.

• and Bruce's opinion on ''Quest For Fire'' - ''Quest For Fire is hilarious. It's funny, like the song''.

I bet Maiden are kicking themselves for not coming up with the graphic novel idea which was used for piece of mind sooner.

They could release a full series for each album on each anniversary along with off shoots for comics based on each song in the album. :p
I'd love to see a similar comic for the first album, where it's just dudes in pickup trucks, prostitutes, and a trench coat wearing dude running around with his wang out.

dream scenario for me: they release a full 4k remaster of LAD (as it was filmed on 35mm film and can be scanned) and then in a box set all 4 nights of long beach, all the hammersmith 84 shows and maybe some others.

That would be awesome. Some artists from the 70s like Zappa and Yes have released “complete runs” box sets that include all nights from a particular venue or several shows from the same tour. It’s all the same setlists but I love that stuff, hearing the little variations from night to night. Cant see Maiden doing it, but I would listen to all Long Beach and Hammersmith shows with great enthusiasm.

That would be awesome. Some artists from the 70s like Zappa and Yes have released “complete runs” box sets that include all nights from a particular venue or several shows from the same tour. It’s all the same setlists but I love that stuff, hearing the little variations from night to night. Cant see Maiden doing it, but I would listen to all Long Beach and Hammersmith shows with great enthusiasm.

The Live and Dangerous box set of all the shows they recorded for the original album is great.

Back