Powerslave anniversary year 2024 (and LAD soon after)

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
I assume 2024 should again bring us something in terms of their anniversary celebration thingy. 2022 was quite a "strong year" with the Beast anniversary as we got plenty of stuff - there was the (completely unnecessary) cassette, the brilliant triple vinyl featuring Hammy and also some cool shirts. 2023 came along a bit poor, I expected more or at least something different Piece Of Mind goodies than only some shirts and an art book. At least another (completely unnecessary) cassette.
What do you expect for 2024 in terms of Powerslave? I guess they wouldn't miss the chance to release something as the iconic album art by itself has a lot to offer, and, more than that, many people do consider Powerslave their best album. I would imagine they might even not separate things from another anniversary release a year after, which would be 40 years of Live After Death in this case, but put things together, so we might get something cool and big one by the end of 2024/beginning of 2025. This would make sense from various points of view I guess. Maybe a Rock In Rio vinyl? :wub: Even the date matches the 40 years cycle in this particular case since their first Rock In Rio show took place in early January 1985.

(Oh, and I really hope they finally stop their "niche-release" politics of the past and come down to what they really came from. I am absolutely convinced not even 3% of all Maiden fans ever needed comics, art books or overpriced limited handsigned whatever stuff.)

Last edited:
Honestly the Piece of Mind art book is much more than I expected them to do this year (which was pretty much nothing). I think something similar for Powerslave is the best we can expect, unless they think fans will drop the cash for a “deluxe” version that simply packages Powerslave and LAD together.

If they wanted to exceed expectations, they could release a full Hammersmith show. Get the songs that appeared on LAD plus all the b-sides and anything that hasn’t been released yet - that would be special. Will never happen tho.

Since they did something for POM, I expect for Powerslave as well. Although they most likely did a comic for POM because Bruce did a comic for his solo album. Maybe there should be something, even not that ''grand''.

The best would be video footage of Side 4 of LAD (plus the 1995 reissue bonus disc's two songs). Or if they have some unreleased songs from that era.

Since they did something for POM, I expect for Powerslave as well. Although they most likely did a comic for POM because Bruce did a comic for his solo album. Maybe there should be something, even not that ''grand''.

The best would be video footage of Side 4 of LAD (plus the 1995 reissue bonus disc's two songs). Or if they have some unreleased songs from that era.
Does that even exist?

2022 was quite a "strong year" with the Beast anniversary as we got plenty of stuff - there was the (completely unnecessary) cassette, the brilliant triple vinyl featuring Hammy and also some cool shirts. 2023 came along a bit poor, I expected more or at least something different Piece Of Mind goodies than only some shirts and an art book. At least another (completely unnecessary) cassette.

If the cassette was "completely unnecessary" then why was it poor that there wasn't one for Piece of Mind? ::)

The PoM art book was pretty cool, and not what I was expecting. I'd be interested to see something similar for Powerslave but I expect they wouldn't want to repeat themselves (depends on how many people actually bought it, too, possibly a reason why they didn't release another cassette tape).

Does that even exist?
I assume since they have live audio of the songs when they recorded the nights, they also have videos. And this was Maiden's first major live video release.
The PoM art book was pretty cool, and not what I was expecting. I'd be interested to see something similar for Powerslave but I expect they wouldn't want to repeat themselves.
Me too. I'm always up for more official artworks.

T-shirts if we are lucky.

Maiden isn't like Bob Dylan or The Beatles where they have alternate versions of songs to put out a huge boxset.

I assume since they have live audio of the songs when they recorded the nights, they also have videos. And this was Maiden's first major live video release.

Me too. I'm always up for more official artworks.
I really dont think theres any video footage of the Hammersmith 84 gigs

They were high-profile gigs with plenty of hardcore fans in attendance who have gone on to trade bootlegs/post on message boards/etc. If cameras were filming, I think we would know. I also really doubt they would have filmed Hammersmith and shelved the footage twice in a row. Just doesn't make any sense.

Probably a new cassette version and some merch?

I think it’s time they make some deluxe packages of their catalouge. One disc with the original album, second disc with B-sides, unreleased takes if it exists, additional disc(s) for a live show from the tour (they have something from every touring cycle), fresh liner notes, original artwork in digipack packaging. Please do it!

Probably a new cassette version and some merch?

I think it’s time they make some deluxe packages of their catalouge. One disc with the original album, second disc with B-sides, unreleased takes if it exists, additional disc(s) for a live show from the tour (they have something from every touring cycle), fresh liner notes, original artwork in digipack packaging. Please do it!
Like the ones from Motörhead?

Back