Paschendale mashup

Wow, that is probably the best Paschendale fan video I've seen so far.  I haven't seen video from that movie before, it sure is bloody though.

The only part of the song where I disagree with your "interpretation" (or what video you included with it) are the solos, as I always imagine those less as battle scenes and more as raining, muddy battlefield, and distant gunfire (especially Dave's solo).  Adrian's solo fit your interpretation best, I think.

Thanks, man.  Perhaps I would have chosen to do what you said with the solos, but unfortunately there wouldn't have been enough appropriate footage to do it.  Also, I always thought of the solos as representing machine gun fire and frantic motion.

WOW that was great LC it is so close to how I picture the song in my head when I listen to it good job!! This blows the longest day with saving privet Ryan out of the water :ok:

LooseCannon said:
lso, I always thought of the solos as representing machine gun fire and frantic motion.

Different feelings I guess.  Dave's solo always brings an image of (sad) rain to my head, while Janick's most seems like machine gun fire.  Adrian's is most abstract for me, it feels just "battle", so I'd guess something like a charge.  But those bloody close combat scenes fit them well too, especially the charge for Dave's solo (which, if you haven't figured out yet, is my favourite ;) ).

You really nailed the heavy riff at the beginning too, I always saw that as artillery.  And the "home" chorus showed pictures away from the battlefield, which I liked but forgot to mention.  Hope to see more from you in the future.  :)

And a side note about World War I: I have no idea which side is which from this video.  Sort of brings out the whole feeling of a pointless war with no heroes.

I watched it, good effort, I thought. I did like the bit at 3:22 - good timing, the music and the pictures go so well together at that point.

I had a good shot for it...and I couldn't make it work well.  I damn well tried.  They actually use a kestrel in the movie itself to represent dying warriors.

Very nice LC. Watched it last night with my 5 year old son. He thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

That was very hard for me to watch. Ninety years ago, that would have been you guys in the trench depicted, and me in the other.

That was very hard for me to watch. Ninety years ago, that would have been you guys in the trench depicted, and me in the other.

Hmmmm, Perun and LC locked in hand to hand trench warfare......... interesting..........

Perun said:

For all we know, mate, our great-grand ancestors met in that trench.  I had relatives there...I have a great grand uncle or something still there.  I'm glad those times are behind us.
Forostar said:
I didn't watch this but I am going to for sure!

You've been busy with Lil H, so there is no rush!

LooseCannon said:
For all we know, mate, our great-grand ancestors met in that trench.  I had relatives there...I have a great grand uncle or something still there.  I'm glad those times are behind us.

Possible. I only know that one of my great-great grandfathers served as medical officer in Warsaw.

You know, that's just the sort of thing I can't find any words for. I've read much literature about the war, and I've been to Verdun, and yet... no words.

When I first saw the movie, I was in...just utter shock.  I've never seen a movie try to be the same sort of brutal that...people had described.  Imagine living that life for as long as these people did....

Yeah, that's what had been going through my mind when I saw your video (which, sorry that I haven't mentioned it before, is great work)- "That really happened".

Well, all I did was arrange the scenes given to me.  The work itself was done by a very talented director, producer, writer, etc, who wanted to pull no punches and show the hell his grandfather and so many others went through.  It was something, though...you are watching men lying in soaking mudholes, one guy crawls over, shells are raining down, and he is upset because he has no dry matches.

Back