OPETH ALBUMS SURVIVOR 2014: Results -> Blackwater Park wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Oh shit, forgot. I think only @BassFTW voted for more than one tho. Can you pick one of the two you voted for, and change your vote?

I'm glad Damnation made it to #4. It's the Opeth album that is the most personal to me, and I find it nearly flawless, but it's definitely not for everyone.

The remaining three are all excellent, but I had to go with Ghost Reveries because I find Still Life more consistent (here's hoping Blackwater Park wins this).

SURVIVOR_RULES_011.jpg

Top 11
Ghost Reveries
04. Damnation
05. Deliverance
06. My Arms, Your Hearse
07. Watershed
08. Pale Communion
09. Orchid
10. Morningrise
11. Heritage

SURVIVOR_RULES_011.jpg

Top 11
01. Blackwater Park
02. Still Life
03. Ghost Reveries
04. Damnation
05. Deliverance
06. My Arms, Your Hearse
07. Watershed
08. Pale Communion
09. Orchid
10. Morningrise
11. Heritage

Thanks to all the voters! :)

Thanks for hosting! Results aren't even close to what I'd have. Mine would look more like this:

1: Ghost Reveries
2: Watershed
3: Blackwater Park
4: Damnation
5: Pale Communion
6: Still Life
7: Heritage
8: Deliverance
9: My Arms, Your Hearse
10: Orchid
11: Morningrise

But of course all Opeth albums are awesome so it hardly matters. :D

I'm satisfied. Switch Damnation and Ghost Reveries around, move Heritage to 8th and you've got my list.

Overall, I'm satisfied. The right three albums are on top, though I'd change the order. There were two major farces of this game, though, and that would be Deliverance hanging on for so long and Pale Communion going out too soon.

Overall, I'm satisfied. The right three albums are on top, though I'd change the order. There were two major farces of this game, though, and that would be Deliverance hanging on for so long and Pale Communion going out too soon.
If I could change just one result, it'd be switching Deliverance and Pale Communion.

Thanks for hosting Night Prowler!

I'd have something like this:

1: Orchid
2: Watershed
3: Ghost Reveries
- - - - - - -
4: Blackwater Park
5: Morningrise
6: Pale Communion
7: Deliverance
8: My Arms, Your Hearse
- - - - - - -
9: Heritage
10: Damnation
11: Still Life

Albums 4-8 are probably not that far apart from each other. 9 is still nice, so is 10, but both lack enough variation in atmosphere/tension to score high.

Orchid is a great album. The fact that it gets ranked so low for a lot just speaks to the greatness of Opeth imo.

Back