OPETH ALBUMS SURVIVOR 2014: Results -> Blackwater Park wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
It is absolutely absurd that Deliverance has made it this far. Yes, three of the five full songs on it are excellent, but the other two are among the worst the band has ever written.

I only go back to the title track these days. Sometimes A Fair Judgment if I'm in the mood. Master's Apprentices is cool but meanders a bit at times. The rest I could live without. Easily the most bland Opeth album.

Deliverance > Master's Apprentices >>>>> A Fair Judgement >>>>> Wreath >>>>>>>>>> By The Pain. But all are pretty good. Not counting the interlude. Better than Ghost Reveries, but weaker than the remaining 3.

Obviously I don't like the album as much as you but that would be pretty much my ranking too. Except Master and Judgment are closer.

As I've pointed out before, it's clear that people's valuation of Deliverance lies on their liking of Apprentices, Wreath and By the Pain. The only song I dislike on the record is Wreath. I probably rate By the Pain the highest among the fellow Opeth fans here.

Deliverance >> A Fair Judgement > Master's Apprentices >>> By the Pain I See in Others >>>>>>>>> Wreath

Never got more than 9 votes in Opeth games, so Deliverance won't be dethroned here... early update it is!

SURVIVOR_RULES_011.jpg

Top 11
Deliverance
06. My Arms, Your Hearse
07. Watershed
08. Pale Communion
09. Orchid
10. Morningrise
11. Heritage

Damnation's actually the one I find bland. I really can't listen to anything that's smotheringly mellow.

SURVIVOR_RULES_011.jpg

Top 11
Damnation
05. Deliverance
06. My Arms, Your Hearse
07. Watershed
08. Pale Communion
09. Orchid
10. Morningrise
11. Heritage

Back