OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Denver has a noise ordinance so they had to finish up by 10:30...awesome show and there may be nitpicking but they were on tonite! Awesome setlist...

I have a feeling that Brighter was removed to shorten up the set just a bit.  That Dallas set list is one of the longer ones they've done in awhile.  While I'm not a huge fan of Wrathchild, you gotta throw the old timers a little bit of a bone, and that song always works well live.

And there's something about Bruce's timing on Brighter live that never seems to make the song work for me anyway, as awesome as it is musically.

I'm just excited they seem to be rotating Dance of Death and Paschendale.  Finally a set list reward for those of us going to multiple shows.

One month to go!

Well then, doing the math...
Assuming nothing changes, I guess that means Detroit gets Paschendale.  Not a huge issue either way for me, though I do prefer DoD.

ilikesta said:
Denver has a noise ordinance so they had to finish up by 10:30

That much I can quote openly, it's not a spoiler.
Nor is it a spoiler to note: Dream Theater started 20 minutes early (7:10). That's how Maiden managed to get the full set in before 10:30.
Pissed me off, because I was still in line at the gate, and missed the first DT song.

I did not look at the exact time Maiden started, but...
I checked my phone at one point, and it was 8:25. I thought, "20 more minutes". But: Doctor Doctor started just a couple minutes after that.
Maiden also had no other intro music: they just walked onstage and started playing after Doctor Doctor. So I'd guess Maiden hit the stage between 8:30 and 8:35.

Note that the early start and lack of intro are probably only for cities with noise laws like this. Normal cities will get a normal show, I'd guess.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
So, this is correct?:
01.The Wicker Man
02.Ghost Of The Navigator
03.Wrathchild
04.El Dorado
05.Dance Of Death
06.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07.These Colours Don't Run
08.Blood Brothers
09.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free
                              yep
ThorSkaagi said:
Wow, I'd get banned for that?
By the way, the highlights of the show were
Ghost of the Navigator and The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg.

It is strange how they swapped an 8-minute Paschendale with a 3-minute Wrathchild.  Maybe its so they would to done before the stupid 10:30 curfew.

no wrathchild replaced BTATS they dod replaced paschendale

I don't think Wrathchild is there because of time issues. The crowd was full of people who didn't know the reunion-era songs. After two songs from BNW, the energy level was clearly dropping. I think Wrathchild is there to get the crowd back into the show.

Which is probably the same reason they put it in the Early Days tour, replacing the less-known Charlotte the Harlot. It seems this is the song they keep ready to repair a weak spot in the set. Being so short, they know they can use it and never make the show run long.

i thought something was broken at the beggining of the show bruce seemed to be stalling a bit when introducing
el dorado

Yes, he had microphone problems all night. I think it was a wireless problem, and H had some problems with it too (but far less).

SinisterMinisterX said:
Nor is it a spoiler to note: Dream Theater started 20 minutes early (7:10). That's how Maiden managed to get the full set in before 10:30.
Pissed me off, because I was still in line at the gate, and missed the first DT song.

The show was always advertised as starting @ 7pm, wasn't it?  Pretty sure that's what the websites and tickets said.

I know what you mean about the lines - took a *long* time to get in - not sure if they started letting people in late, or what...

So, looking at those..

..setlists, there isn't a pattern yet. Until now, each time the third and/or the fifth song are different.
There were three different setlists of which the second returned. Thus, while writing this, the first and the third setlist are the most unique. Let's see if that's going to change tomorrow in Albuquerque.

Iron Maiden 2010 setlists:

Gig 1 --> setlist A
09-06-2010 Dallas
1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost Of The Navigator
3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4. El Dorado Premiere: First Time Ever
5. Paschendale
6. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
7. These Colours Don't Run
8. Blood Brothers
9. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

Gig 2 --> setlist B
11-06-2010 Houston
1. The Wicker Man
3. Wrathchild
4. El Dorado
5. Dance Of Death
8. Blood Brothers
9. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

Gig 3 --> setlist C
12-06-2010 San Antonio
1. The Wicker Man
3. Wrathchild
4. El Dorado
5. Paschendale
8. Blood Brothers
9. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

Gig 4 --> setlist B
14-06-2010 Denver  
01.   The Wicker Man
02.   Ghost Of The Navigator
03.   Wrathchild
04.   El Dorado
05.   Dance Of Death
06.   The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07.   These Colours Don't Run
08.   Blood Brothers
09.   Wildest Dreams
10.   No More Lies
11.   Brave New World
12.   Fear Of The Dark
13.   Iron Maiden
14.   The Number of the Beast
15.   Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.   Running Free

Ayeegit said:
The show was always advertised as starting @ 7pm, wasn't it?  Pretty sure that's what the websites and tickets said.

My ticket said 7:30, as did the Live Nation site. Maiden's site did not post a time, they redirected to Live Nation.

SinisterMinisterX said:
This doesn't have to be spoiled - your description of the link contains nothing spoily.

(Still I suppose, better to use spoilers, and let us mods un-spoil it.)

Looked at the photos, and I love Steve's t-shirt...
Whale Oil Beef Hooked

I'd love to know what Steve's shirt is referring to...  had the same one on at Denver last night and we were wondering about it.
SinisterMinisterX said:
My ticket said 7:30, as did the Live Nation site. Maiden's site did not post a time, they redirected to Live Nation.

Bizarre - my ticket says 7 - nice of them to be consistent - NOT!

Ayeegit said:
SinisterMinisterX said:
Looked at the photos, and I love Steve's t-shirt...
Whale Oil Beef Hooked

I'd love to know what Steve's shirt is referring to...  had the same one on at Denver last night and we were wondering about it.

Read it out loud. Imagine you're Irish.

SinisterMinisterX said:

I hadn't heard about that joke until this tour... I immediately broke out laughing.

Here's to hoping
that they eventually drop Wildest Dreams and No More Lies. The Dallas bootleg makes me think that No More Lies isn't much of a live track.

SinisterMinisterX said:

Irish, Whale Oil Beef Hooked would sound something like Well I'll be fucked
? Or am I wrong? :D

gulranek said:
Irish, Whale Oil Beef Hooked would sound something like Well I'll be fucked
? Or am I wrong? :D
Sounds about right atleast thats what I got out of it.

SinisterMinisterX said:

Ahhhhh ok - good one ;)

i thought daves trenchcoat made him look like a drugdealer :lol:

JackAttack said:
Here's to hoping
that they eventually drop Wildest Dreams and No More Lies. The Dallas bootleg makes me think that No More Lies isn't much of a live track.

I personally love the latter of those tracks and am looking forward to hearing it live (well, I'm looking forward to the entire concert, it's my first Maiden show  :bigsmile:), but I definitely agree with removing the former. What would you think would make a suitable replacement? I'd have to vote for
Rainmaker; it's one of my favorite songs since the reunion, it looks good live from the videos I have seen, and to me it would just work very well in that spot of the setlist, it's fast start is a nice change from the slow introduction of both Blood Brothers and No More Lies.

Back