Official Star Wars Thread

Probably not 'official' Death Star 3, but it's the same 'format'. A big planet-shaped thing. You can see better in this version of the poster art:

tfa_poster_wide_header_adb92fa0.jpeg

I'm also quite worried about reusing this idea, but we'll see. Maybe it's something different.
Anyway - got tickets today. I was surprised that the pre-sale is worldwide, I thought it's US only.

Well it has been confirmed what it is:
It's called Starkiller base and I guess it's attached to an ice planet with a weapon capable of destroying star systems. So I guess it's more of a shell than a whole moon built from scratch, but that's really not a whole lot different than another Death Star.

Well it has been confirmed what it is:
It's called Starkiller base and I guess it's attached to an ice planet with a weapon capable of destroying star systems. So I guess it's more of a shell than a whole moon built from scratch, but that's really not a whole lot different than another Death Star.

It sounds like a scarier version of a Death Star to me.

For the movie! Premiere at midnight between 16 and 17 December. Not gonna watch the new trailer that comes out today, that's what I meant :)

Oh right. You booked those early. :p I'll probably wait until after Christmas, because the launch is Nightwish weekend.

I'm refreshing the theatre page constantly. My sister told me that they're coming up any time now.

You couldn't even buy them online here and still one showing already sold out. Since it's a midnight premiere and nothing else is showing at that time, they said they are just gonna sell tickets in person until they fill all the halls.

There's no buzz about the pre-sale here. I bought tickets online in the morning and now (11 p.m) the tickets I bought are the only sold for that screening :p It's not a huge city but still I'm surprised people didn't go for it (in my closest big city it's not crazy either).

Yeah! :D Fantastic. I like that it still doesn't reveal much about the actual storyline, although I think there are scenes from all acts of the film, and IMO some of them should not be in the trailer. The music does an amazing job. Wow, this is going to be great.

Several theater sites crashed with the ticket sales. I had the 3 nearest me and bought tickets for the one that let me order first .. AMC won

http://techcrunch.com/gallery/heres...iler-scene-by-scene-as-gifs-for-you-to-study/
-------------------
To make my own life easier, I broke the whole thing down into GIFs — one GIF per scene/clip.

Care to dig through them with me? Here’s the whole set.

WARNING: Looking too closely at trailers can mean stuff gets spoiled. I’ve noticed some potentially spoilery-stuff already. Note that while 99% of what I say is conjecture/total guessing, there’s pretty high spoiler risk here. Tread carefully.

I hope they keep a bit of lighter stuff in it. That trailer focuses very much on the 'serious' plot.

No Jar Jar Binks stuff though I hope? :D

JarJar was probably the attempt to inject fun into the prequels, yeah. I'd like it to be done better than that, but the beauty of the original trilogy was having something for everyone and several plots going on at once. When a franchise begins to focus on the core plot alone, some of the life goes out of it.

Back