Official Football Thread

If Diego Costa and Fabregas stay healthy, sure. However, you guys were so certain Liverpool will win the title last year, and look what happened :p

Also, Atletico beat Real again :shred:

I think they'll easily be the champions this season. They look head and shoulders above anyone else.
As much as I hope you're right, I think mid-September is a bit premature for such statements. :p
Losing points is inevitable and you could never know if they're not going to lose a key player to an injury, for example.

P.S. Ah, NP beat me to it.

Real loses again, this time to Atlético. Los Galacticos Failure 2 in the making?

*First one was in 2003-2004, Real was 4th with a squad that featured Ronaldo, Raul, Zidane, Figo, Beckham and R. Carlos.

Real can only blame their ridiculous transfers this summer for this loss. Sold Xabi Alonso and Di Maria to force a Modric-Kroos-James midfield trio. All 3 are CAM's converted into CM's and they can't defend. Khedira is injured and the only remaining options are playing Illaramendi or Isco in midfield. And maybe Pepe/Ramos as CDM's. Stupid, stupid moves.

As much as I hope you're right, I think mid-September is a bit premature for such statements. :p
Losing points is inevitable and you could never know if they're not going to lose a key player to an injury, for example.

P.S. Ah, NP beat me to it.

Well it's just a prediction. Not like I went through detailed analysis to come up with that sentiment. :D

Bxf6c5RCAAAKStT.jpg

New signings are all ready, let's see how they'll play now.

Looks more like a diamond 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 with Mata in the middle, better solution than having him on the wing IMO.

I want United to turn it around. I dislike them and don't want them to win the title but seeing them not even being able to compete for it isn't fun. Competition is what makes the game a joy to follow.

Fantastic performance in the first half :D But we'll see how it's gonna go against better teams 'cause QPR are quite shit.

Parma - Milan 4:5, what a game :eek: Most entertaining game I've seen in a long time. 2 red cards, penalty, own goal. And look at this Menez goal. Outstanding. Godly.

AcidicHilariousImago.gif

Milan's defence was atrocious though, but they are at the top of the table after 2 rounds :D

Last edited:
Did he get credited with an assist too? :eek: Inter scored seven so it looks like Serie A teams have been going mad this weekend. This not what I remember Italian football being like!

Milan-Juve on Saturday, gonna be fun :D I hope fucker Allegri and Juve get wiped out.

In other news, rumours going around that Manchester United will go for Cristiano Ronaldo next summer, if they get into CL. Ronaldo's supposedly angry that they constantly sell his favourite teammates, like Robben, Higuain, Ozil and Di Maria. The only problem is Real's willingness to sell him.

Also, Champions League group stage starts tonight. :clap: Ludogorets are playing Liverpool at Anfield. Should be fun.

Back