NOW WATCHING

I really enjoy Seinfeld, but my favorite is Fraser. I can't explain it, but just love it. Those are the only two sitcoms I will watch reruns of even if I've seen that episode 50 times.

Cheers is a very distant 3rd ;). I like it, but once Shelly Long left so did I. Woody Harrelson was a good replacement for coach, but it wasn't enough to keep me interested long-term. I liked Cliff, Norm and Fraser's cameos on Wings though :D

No problem, it is interesting ... I am pretty close to the end of it. I noticed some connections I did not get before ... enjoy

I'll have to watch Lost again this summer. Even 4 years later nothing can top it in my book. <3
lost... where to begin? Season 3 finale was the best episode of a tv show I've ever seen. So many great characters Locke was my favourite. The series finale was a disappointment though.
Locke's number of the beast 666 show only lasted a few weeks, I watched 3 episodes of Sawyer's new sh0w intelligence and I gave up on it.
Don't watch Jin's hawaii five-0
Love Kate in the hobbit
I watch Juliet's show revolution(season 1 was great, season 2 just average)
Ben's show person of interest is just a great show watched it from day 1 and it's one my top 5 shows nowadays.

lost... where to begin? Season 3 finale was the best episode of a tv show I've ever seen. So many great characters Locke was my favourite. The series finale was a disappointment though.
Locke's number of the beast 666 show only lasted a few weeks, I watched 3 episodes of Sawyer's new sh0w intelligence and I gave up on it.
Don't watch Jin's hawaii five-0
Love Kate in the hobbit
I watch Juliet's show revolution(season 1 was great, season 2 just average)
Ben's show person of interest is just a great show watched it from day 1 and it's one my top 5 shows nowadays.

Hurley had that Alcatraz show, which lasted 1 year. I thought it was decent.

Ben's show is really good. The wife and I call it the Ben and Jesus show.

Lost was awesome, I really liked Fringe as well (Abaddon beign the Lost connection .. besides JJ Abrams :)), I bought the series Blu Rays when they were on sale, going to watch that again next.

You're right Fringe was amazing. I owned all the blu rays for the show. Loved it from beginning to end.
JJ was amazing in the reboot of star trek which gives me complete faith that star wars will be great.

Gravity (2013)

The thing about this film for me is not that it is a masterpiece in itself, because it is certainly not, but that it shows a potential for great films depicting space in a different way than we are used to. In some ways Gravity is amazing. Completely sublime. The camera work; the way it captures the impossibly vast empty darkness that is space is one example of such.

In the end, the plot is severely weakened by trying to be realistic and the same time getting a ton of scientific facts wrong. Here we must stop and ask ourselves - Why do we accepts the logics of Star Wars while rejecting this? Because Gravity is not internally consistent with the rules it sets up. All works of fiction works on the basis on an internal logic, which may or may not be the same as the external, real world logic.

I can not help but feel it would have gained a lot by not trying to come off as so fully realistic. There is also a couple of problems with the characters and the acting, which are never fully realised and not fully convincing, respectively. Looking back I see a film with many faults, but that is an honourable failure in trying to do something great. And that, by all means, deserves to be praised.

7/10.

True Detective's first season's over. I can safely say Matthew McConaughey's getting the big 3 this year (Golden Globe, Emmy, Oscar). Absolutely brilliant. And the ending scene... :notworthy:

I partially agree, Maturin. Though I think Gravity is a marvelous cinematic achievement, it's not perfect. I think Clooney was phoning it in, though Bullock was great. The film as a whole deserves praise, as you said. Though I enjoy it immensely more, I believe Gravity fits into the same category as Citizen Kane, which is praised for it's cinematic ingenuity even though it's one of the most boring, melodramatic films in history.

Back