1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicko McBrain

Discussion in 'Solo/Side Project Discussion' started by Forostar, Dec 11, 2009.

1. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Well it seems like Nicko is doing at least 3 shows. Possibly the whole week.

2. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

I don't know what that is but more Nicko beats less Nicko!

3. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Cool! Mainstream TV appearances are super rare for Maiden.

4. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

As long as he doesn't like it too much, I'm fine. We all know what happened with Iced Earth's Richard Christy.

5. The Flash

Apples and oranges. Richard Christy left music to join the radio show because he was a massive fan of it. Nicko is going there to play drums.

6. Forostar

We'll see. The man loves to tell jokes and can do it like the best. For sure he'd like the show or else he would not do it. Who says he's not a massive fan?

7. The Flash

But he's not going to tell jokes. He's gonna be in the house band. House band just plays music.

8. Forostar

House band members can be sidekicks as well.

9. The Flash

Only the leader of the house band can be the sidekick. And Seth Meyers already has one: Fred Armisen. Long time buddy from Saturday Night Live.

10. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

Fred is also a pretty talanted drummer himself!

I'd be very surprised if Nicko says anything on camera- in the past guest drummers would get some additional playing screen time and shout outs re: upcoming projects, but never any interview segments. Probably just a good way to plug the US tour to the general public!

11. Lego

[​IMG]

Forostar likes this.
  12. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

Cool! Is he going to talk or just play? If he's talking, maybe he'll spill the beans about Maiden's plans for future.

Forostar likes this.
  13. Legatodave

Legatodave Nomad

He should be practising his drumming for the new tour and not guesting on tv shows

14. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

Isn't playing drums exactly practising ones drumming?

THESEVENTHMARINER likes this.
  15. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Something tells me Seth Meyers is unlikely to allow Nicko to play the entire drum pattern for a song like Hallowed Be Thy Name on Late Night.

16. The Flash

I'm sure Nicko doesn't need a ton of practice on songs he's played gazillion times before.

17. Lego

See what I posted above- if it's anything like Late Night's past guest drummer segments, he'll get some nice playing shots and a shout out from the host, but no interview segment.

18. Forostar

He also practices and plays live to stay fit. To stay able to drum well (enough) for a Maiden tour.

19. Legatodave

Legatodave Nomad

I think hes getting on in years and needs to practise it cannot be easy at his age.
    His hair is still looking very good

20. Lego

Well, that was very cool to see and hear him doing some straight-ahead grooving- a reminder that he got his start as a pop/funk session drummer! And whatever snare drum is on that studio house kit sounds amazing, especially under his hands.