Nicko McBrain

No official announcement yet, but Nicko will be sitting in with the house band on Late Night with Seth Meyers all next week!
As long as he doesn't like it too much, I'm fine. We all know what happened with Iced Earth's Richard Christy.

As long as he doesn't like it too much, I'm fine. We all know what happened with Iced Earth's Richard Christy.

Apples and oranges. Richard Christy left music to join the radio show because he was a massive fan of it. Nicko is going there to play drums.

We'll see. The man loves to tell jokes and can do it like the best. For sure he'd like the show or else he would not do it. Who says he's not a massive fan?

We'll see. The man loves to tell jokes and can do it like the best. For sure he'd like the show or else he would not do it. Who says he's not a massive fan?

But he's not going to tell jokes. He's gonna be in the house band. House band just plays music.

Only the leader of the house band can be the sidekick. And Seth Meyers already has one: Fred Armisen. Long time buddy from Saturday Night Live.
Fred is also a pretty talanted drummer himself!

I'd be very surprised if Nicko says anything on camera- in the past guest drummers would get some additional playing screen time and shout outs re: upcoming projects, but never any interview segments. Probably just a good way to plug the US tour to the general public!

17125381_257891804669534_4696043565577404416_n.jpg

Cool! Is he going to talk or just play? If he's talking, maybe he'll spill the beans about Maiden's plans for future.

Something tells me Seth Meyers is unlikely to allow Nicko to play the entire drum pattern for a song like Hallowed Be Thy Name on Late Night.

Cool! Is he going to talk or just play? If he's talking, maybe he'll spill the beans about Maiden's plans for future.
See what I posted above- if it's anything like Late Night's past guest drummer segments, he'll get some nice playing shots and a shout out from the host, but no interview segment.

Well, that was very cool to see and hear him doing some straight-ahead grooving- a reminder that he got his start as a pop/funk session drummer! And whatever snare drum is on that studio house kit sounds amazing, especially under his hands.

Back