Metallica Survivor finished: Final Report

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Creeping Death

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • One

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Re: Metallica Survivor, series 4: Black Album round 1 (Aug 18-20)

If no more people vote today, we may actually drop no less than six songs at the same time!

Re: Metallica Survivor, series 4: Black Album round 1 (Aug 18-20)

Got my vote in - Orion, Ktulu, My Friend of Misery

Re: Metallica Survivor, series 4: Black Album round 2 (Aug 20-22)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in first post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

"Winner" of round 4.1: My Friend Of Misery
Round 4.2 has now begun.

Eliminated:
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?
14. ?
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. My Friend Of Misery

Whew! The great, great, criminally underrated Through The Never was saved by the bell.
Seriously. Listen to it again. Those are some wicked fucking riffs.

Holier Than Thou, The God That Failed, The Struggle Within ... again.

I stick with my  previous vote, and let The Struggle Within take over for My Friend Of Misery.

Re: Metallica Survivor, series 1: KEA vs Lightning round 3 (July 27-29)

SinisterMinisterX said:
You fuckers killed the bass solo! Not just any bass solo, but take one! :mad:

As LOL as it takes  :lol: :lol:  :yey:

Blackened, Don't Tread On Me, Through The Never

Ouch! I voted the last three by mistake. I actually like Of Wolf And Man.  :(

Me too - and you shouldn't worry, it's going to survive this round anyway. My guess for survivors from Black Album (if any) are Sandman and Unforgiven, but these might also get kicked out. The 10 remaining after the AJFA rounds are all great songs.

Re: Metallica Survivor, series 4: Black Album round 3 (Aug 22-24)

Rules are in first post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

"Winners" of round 4.2: Through The Never, The Struggle Within
Round 4.3 has now begun.

Eliminated:
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?
14. ?
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20 (tie). Through The Never
20 (tie). The Struggle Within
22. My Friend Of Misery

You fucking fuckers killed Through The Never! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. :p

Holier Than Thou, The God That Failed, Don't Tread On Me

Nothing Else Matters, Holier Than Thou and The God That Failed - good riddance.

Eddies Wingman said:
Nothing Else Matters, Holier Than Thou and The God That Failed - good riddance.

Yes I agree.  Make it so.
Eddies Wingman said:
Me too - and you shouldn't worry, it's going to survive this round anyway. My guess for survivors from Black Album (if any) are Sandman and Unforgiven, but these might also get kicked out. The 10 remaining after the AJFA rounds are all great songs.

If is was up to me the 10 that arrived to this portion of survivor would be the ones to leave, in other words, no 'Black Album' songs.

There's a couple Black Albums songs that might deserve top 10 status. Sad But True, and maybe (just maybe) The Unforgiven.

I too like these two songs the most of the Black Album songs - but I think Sandman has its fans as well, even though I've had enough of it ...

Blackened, Don't Tread On Me, Thou

Genghis Khan said:
If is was up to me the 10 that arrived to this portion of survivor would be the ones to leave, in other words, no 'Black Album' songs.

Maybe the Black does not contain masterpieces as individuals*, but is the most solid over-all Metallica album,
thus its enormous success. I certainly prefer it to Master of Puppets and Justice for All, it's behind only Lightning & Kill Em All.

*yet The God That Failed, Sad But True, Nothing Else & Unforgiven are metal classics now.

Quetzalcoatlus said:
Blackened, Don't Tread On Me, Thou

Maybe the Black does not contain masterpieces as individuals*, but is the most solid over-all Metallica album,
thus its enormous success. I certainly prefer it to Master of Puppets and Justice for All, it's behind only Lightning & Kill Em All.

*yet The God That Failed, Sad But True, Nothing Else & Unforgiven are metal classics now.

It is *not* the solid over-all Metallica album.  Not in my book.  Not even close.  The other four are great albums.  It was the prestige fans felt of having a really heavy metal band come in a nice friendly package was what was appealing with the album.  Also the timing was perfect.  Grunge was replacing glam rock as the most popular rock genre and fans were exploring their options.

The comment that 'The God That Failed' is a classic 'now' is completely baffling.  It was always 'a b-side'.  The other songs you mentioned plus 'Wherever I May Roam' and of course 'Enter Sandman' is what sold the album to the public at large.

Genghis Khan said:
It was the prestige fans felt of having a really heavy metal band come in a nice friendly package was what was appealing with the album.  Also the timing was perfect.  Grunge was replacing glam rock as the most popular rock genre and fans were exploring their options.

This is a great interpretation, I have to admit.
But let me make my position more clear : When Black Album was out, I already had all their previous works
in vinyl and cassette format. (The only other group ever I did such a thing was Maiden)

Contrary to a lot of people that time I did *not* purchase that album, in fact I was hating it, mostly because I was feeling
what was to come, also see the 'friendly package' you've mentioned, as well as for Bob Rock in the production

This was then.
Since 2005, every time I'm listening to Black Album, I'm surprised how its sound remained modern through the years
untouchable by the time. And even if none of its numbers is in my Metallica top5,
yet the entire album is my best Metallica listen -solid, dark and heavy....
And this incredible sound which keeps surprises me a few years now.

The comment that 'The God That Failed' is a classic 'now' is completely baffling.  It was always 'a b-side'.  The other songs you mentioned plus 'Wherever I May Roam' and of course 'Enter Sandman' is what sold the album to the public at large.

I really like God That Failed, and yes I forgot to metion Wherever, but Sandman? Still I consider it a much overrated song

Re: Metallica Survivor, series 4: Black Album round 4 (Aug 24-26)

"Winners" of round 4.3: Holier Than Thou, Don't Tread On Me, The God That Failed
Round 4.4 has now begun.

Eliminated:
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?
14. ?
15. ?
16. ?
17 (tie). Holier Than Thou
17 (tie). Don't Tread On Me
17 (tie). The God That Failed
20 (tie). Through The Never
20 (tie). The Struggle Within
22. My Friend Of Misery

Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters, Of Wolf And Man

...and with that last choice, it's now starting to hurt.

Re: Metallica Survivor, series 4: Black Album round 4 (Aug 24-26)

Hmmm, two clear choices next, but which one should follow them? Wherever I May Roam gets the boot.

Then the Sandman needs to exit. Nothing else matters.

Back