Metallica Survivor finished: Final Report

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Creeping Death

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • One

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Eddies Wingman said:
That's maybe a little surprising? Usually MoP gets more mention, both among media, critics and fans, so I would guess MoP was the people's choice.

I have always found RTL to be a better album than MOP. On MOP I enjoy Battery, Sanitarium, title track and Orion. But the others are so/so for me. Damage, INC is good I suppose. But compared to RTL, with the awesome title track, For Whom the bell tolls, Creeping Death and Fade to Black... as well as the spine-tingling Call of Kthulu... it's a no-brainer. I think maybe MOP is more popular with media because it was Cliff's last album?

On the subject of Metallica as a whole... I agree with most people that they were great from Kill 'em All to ...And Justice For All.  I mean I'm not one of these people who thinks that thier later stuff *absolutely* sucks. I like Black Album, and there are select songs from after that era that I love (Unforgiven and Unforgiven II for example) but thier real heavy albums were definately thier best. I appreciate most genres of music, so I can see some positives in thier later stuff- I can understand why others may feel differently. But that said, thier early music is without a doubt thier best, from a metal fan's perspective. You won't catch St. Anger or Death Magnetic on my ipod, lets put it that way :lol:

On the subject of 'One' being crowned thier best song... I approve, as it is an awesome song. But I personally would have voted Creeping Death for thier best song if I were around to vote at the time.

Back