• Infinite Dreams
  • Can I Play With Madness
  • The Evil That Men Do
  • The Clairvoyant
  • The Longest Day
  • Out Of The Shadows
  • For The Greater Good Of God
  • When The Wild Wind Blows

So what is the greatest Maiden song ever, Jer?
That is such a hard question. For me it's probably a knife fight between "Hallowed Be Thy Name", "The Clairvoyant", and "The Longest Day".

Gun to my head, I guess I'd probably pick "Hallowed".

A Top 20 song and two songs that don’t even crack my Top 100. Kinda sums up how different the opinions between the two of us are. :p

A Top 20 song and two songs that don’t even crack my Top 100. Kinda sums up how different the opinions between the two of us are. :p
Yep. So if it weren't for "Empire", who would win for your #1 -- "The Apparition" or "Weekend Warrior"? :p

There's no such thing like "favourite Maiden song" LOL but if you ask me its: The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner (am I in minority here?)
Honourable mentions - Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Trooper, Alexander The Great, Caught Somewhere In Time, Blood brothers, Rainmaker, No More Lies, Speed Of Light.

I'd give 10 to at least one sixth of their discography, (as I'll probably do if I'll ever rank their songs in this way) but the songs which imo would deserve "11" are Sea of Madness, Fear of the Dark, Powerslave, Be Quick or Be Dead, The Trooper, Run to the Hills and Speed of Light.

The majority thought No Prayer was a better album then The Final Frontier, so Im honestly considering it.

I dont think many fans liked NPFTD at all but the reviews were supringly good at the time. Massive step down from SSOASS..

As for TFF, for sure it was a mixed fan reaction. But worse reaction that NP? It had good reviews, but then bands are guaranteed positive these days. Music scribes have no balls anymore.

Mick Wall was hilarious even if he wasn’t always right.

I dont think many fans liked NPFTD at all but the reviews were supringly good at the time. Massive step down from SSOASS..

As for TFF, for sure it was a mixed fan reaction. But worse reaction that NP? It had good reviews, but then bands are guaranteed positive these days. Music scribes have no balls anymore.

Mick Wall was hilarious even if he wasn’t always right.

Sorry, should have been clearer. Was refering to the ongoing Album Elimination thread on this forum where TFF went out before No Prayer. ;)

mmmmm I'm kind of picky giving 10's so it's normal if some of your favourite songs don't enter this list. So here you have them in chronological order:

Phantom Of The Opera
Sanctuary
Murders In The Rue Morgue
Killers
Revelations
Aces High
Powerslave
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Wasted Years
Heaven Can Wait
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
Moonchild