Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Got my dose of schadenfreude reading a couple of blog posts by people who had tried out unpleasant "cleansing diets" with no other effects than nausea, diarrhea and a significantly slimmer ... wallet.

Good night.

After years of no snow on a coastal city, I moved to an inland city where winter breaks loose quite heavily. Looking forward to the first snow of the year.

All 50 states had at least one location below freezing yesterday .... not super common, but recall it happening last year as well

Ya, we've had some really different weather patterns lately. Including this year's summer having so many days under 85 degrees. I'd gladly take some global warming right about now! :p

Winter has struck here as well (western Illinois). I hate sub-freezing weather :/ and if it's gonna be cold, it should snow.

A little something to help your week and/or winter go by!

aflPIiZ.jpg

A big round of applause goes to my immune system, which did a great job of remaining stable when I was overworked and now collapsed when I finally got the chance to take a few days off. <_<

So Bruce was in Belgrade today holding some presentation and it wasn't anywhere in the news, only found out on some forum :confused:

Wow, I had no idea. All those bands you've mentioned are extremely popular out here, except NW and WT. But even Within Temptation had a brief brush with fame out here. Nightwish is just as obscure out here as symphonic metal bands like Epica or Rhapsody of Fire. In fact, those two bands are much bigger than Nightwish even.

Guess that's just a reminder that we need to think about the differences between metal popularity in the States and in Europe :). Nightwish in Europe, and especially Scandinavia, as I see it, already reached their peak 10 years ago and have been under the radar for a long time while in the US they're just now breaking through or still relatively unknown.

Same with Rhapsody of Fire for that matter. Popular Italian band that were just called Rhapsody who started in the late 90s. I remember a lot of people freaking about their name change in the 2000's.

Last edited:
Went to Trans-Siberian Orchestra last night and it was amazing. Glad to see Al Pitrelli again, he had a perfect performance as usual and was quite hilarious and humble while talking to the audience.

Jeff Scott Soto sounded terrible. His voice is just so shot. I very much wish I had seen the East Coast leg with Russell Allen, who was incredible last year.

They had a guy named Nathan James singing with them (doing some of the bluesy stuff Russell would do) and he absolutely killed it. Apparently he's from England. Anyone heard of him?

Al Pitrelli and Johnny Lee Middleton were in Savatage, but I believe that's it. Chris Caffrey leads the East Coast tour. Saw him last year and they were awesome, too.

Gaffrey has been with Savatage since Hall of The Mountain King and No Jon Olivia?
EDIT: Ow, Gaffrey weren't on this one? and is Olivia even still on board with these things?

Back