1. Vocalist gets ill
2. Band doesn't get cash from sales, need to tour
3. Vocalist can't tour
4. Band needs to tour to eat, hungry they become weak and can't carry guitars
5. Vocalist fired, band gets worse
6. Fucking piracy kills every band
7. You wouldn't kill a car, would you?

Interviews with Steve and Bruce in Krakow:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6952278...lanet-rock-s-paul-anthony-backstage-in-poland

https://audioboom.com/posts/6952279...lanet-rock-s-paul-anthony-backstage-in-poland

They both talk about the set, how it came to be, the props, the costumes worn by Bruce. Some interesting bits:

- Steve mentions wanting to do another album (or a couple), all being well.
- Bruce praises the new sound guy, mentioning that Pooch is in a league way above anything they have ever had and that they now sound the way they should have sounded for years.

Thanks for the interviews!

How has your visit been so far? You managed to time it well with the first heavy rain of summer i.e. the end of summer.

It has been great, spent a few days in Edinburgh, then a few in Morpeth (drove along the coast, hit Berwick and Bamburg as well), got to Newcastle today and walked around a bit. Have the concert tonight, then tomorrow to walk around the city and flying home Thursday morning. The weather ha been great .. .it had been between 40 and 45 at home from late June, so cool and a bit of rain is very welcome. The highest high temperature since we have been here has been lower than our lowest low over the past month. Very nice!

Is the merch stand cards only or cash aswell

Foi still the best shirt of the tour?
I hoped for a cool belfast shirt but i dont like this one

It has been great, spent a few days in Edinburgh, then a few in Morpeth (drove along the coast, hit Berwick and Bamburg as well), got to Newcastle today and walked around a bit. Have the concert tonight, then tomorrow to walk around the city and flying home Thursday morning. The weather ha been great .. .it had been between 40 and 45 at home from late June, so cool and a bit of rain is very welcome. The highest high temperature since we have been here has been lower than our lowest low over the past month. Very nice!
Git canny, eh?

Interviews with Steve and Bruce in Krakow:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6952278...lanet-rock-s-paul-anthony-backstage-in-poland

https://audioboom.com/posts/6952279...lanet-rock-s-paul-anthony-backstage-in-poland

They both talk about the set, how it came to be, the props, the costumes worn by Bruce. Some interesting bits:

- Steve mentions wanting to do another album (or a couple), all being well.
- Bruce praises the new sound guy, mentioning that Pooch is in a league way above anything they have ever had and that they now sound the way they should have sounded for years.
Is the sound really so great now? The best sound they ever had when I heard them was on the Final Frontier tour.

Is the sound really so great now? The best sound they ever had when I heard them was on the Final Frontier tour.

From what I've heard from people, the sound indoors is the best that has ever been. And I agree. Outdoors, I've heard quite a few complaints.

But the drum sound... The drum sound is magical. I don't know if Nicko has ever sounded like this before. Pooch is a magician with drums.

My earlier Maiden gigs were all outdoors and the three TLOTB shows I saw were all indoors, so the comparison isn't too fair, but yes, I noticed that the sound was really excellent.

I have yet to see the show, but some fans whose opinion I trust (one of them has seen the band on every tour since 1984) told me that the live sound is the best they've ever experienced with Maiden and from the first song.

The sound was miles better tonight than when I saw them in Leeds on TBOS tour. There were lots of little things about the show that I hadn't had spoiled, which was fun. And Bruce's voice was far better than I expected on several songs, most notably Icarus, I think he's better than he was prior to his illness.

Killswitch Engage were a lot better than I'd expected too. I suspect production on their recorded material absolutely kills their music, making it sound too synthetic and twee. Much different band live.

I have yet to see the show, but some fans whose opinion I trust (one of them has seen the band on every tour since 1984) told me that the live sound is the best they've ever experienced with Maiden and from the first song.
I do not know which sound they appreciate. What they like in particular.

I think the drums are a bit too loud (e.g. boomy toms). Perhaps some echo or reverb. If that were better then the total could be better still. I hear the solos better now but the rhythm guitars are not heard well individually. You cannot hear well who plays what during those moments. In that regard the sound has never been better when they had two guitars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back