Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have to wait and see what my informant says about this. Although it's wholly possible that I misremember the information.

Yeah I can see it logistically being out of the scope especially if Prague got cancelled. Also central and eastern Europe was prominent on schedule in mid 1980s it makes sense to play a bit elsewhere. However I'm also certain that profitability wise Yu gig was more in range of Austria gig then Hungary or Poland gig. I'm not sure Iron Curtain gigs were profitable at all on their own.

Interviews with Steve and Bruce in Krakow:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6952278...lanet-rock-s-paul-anthony-backstage-in-poland

https://audioboom.com/posts/6952279...lanet-rock-s-paul-anthony-backstage-in-poland

They both talk about the set, how it came to be, the props, the costumes worn by Bruce. Some interesting bits:

- Steve mentions wanting to do another album (or a couple), all being well.
- Bruce praises the new sound guy, mentioning that Pooch is in a league way above anything they have ever had and that they now sound the way they should have sounded for years.

Last edited:
To anyone going to the Newcastle gig tonight, or anyone whose gone to a previous gig and could advise me, how early should I get there if I want to be close to the front? Would I have to get there 3 hours before doors opening or could I cut it slightly later and still be close to the front?

Normally, I'd just go nice and early and be safe, but because the weather's gonna be either pants or really hot plus my dad is coming I'm seeing if I can go a little later. Cheers

- Bruce praises the new sound guy, mentioning that Pooch is in a league way above anything they have ever had and that they now sound the way they should have sounded for years.

I definitely agree.

Thanks for sharing, great interviews, some very interesting stuff there! :)

So this basically confirms that Bruce is the one that chooses the set now. For two tours in a row. And I like them.

Indeed. I'm not saying that the sets would be disastrous without Bruce's grown input, but his outstanding sense of drama makes the sets flow ridiculously well and even the most overplayed numbers sound fresh. Not to even mention that it's pretty much him who's responsible for the inclusion of Powerslave, Children of the Damned and Wasted Years in album tour and the current awesomeness.

To anyone going to the Newcastle gig tonight, or anyone whose gone to a previous gig and could advise me, how early should I get there if I want to be close to the front? Would I have to get there 3 hours before doors opening or could I cut it slightly later and still be close to the front?

Normally, I'd just go nice and early and be safe, but because the weather's gonna be either pants or really hot plus my dad is coming I'm seeing if I can go a little later. Cheers
You can always push your way forward. Particularly during Killswitch Engage.

Killswitch Engage is fine, as long as they don't cover Holy Diver. When they do that, it's sacrilegious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back