Judas Priest

Regarding the live sound, are Judas Priest still with Martin Walker? That guy ruined the Maiden live sound from 2012 to 2017 (i.e., from the moment Doug Hall left/was asked to leave to the time Maiden - luckily- found Pooch).

Richie: ''"I dig those records. Like all records, there are some tracks that you like more than others, as you go through those two records. But I could see, as a fan, I could understand what they were doing at that time. There's some great tracks on there — 'Hell Is Home', 'Machine Man'. There's some great songs on there, 'Cathedral Spires' is a fan favorite. So, yeah, I dig 'em. They're different — even down to the logo; the logo was different. I think they knew they were doing something different.''

Richie: ''"I dig those records. Like all records, there are some tracks that you like more than others, as you go through those two records. But I could see, as a fan, I could understand what they were doing at that time. There's some great tracks on there — 'Hell Is Home', 'Machine Man'. There's some great songs on there, 'Cathedral Spires' is a fan favorite. So, yeah, I dig 'em. They're different — even down to the logo; the logo was different. I think they knew they were doing something different.''
I think Richie would prefer to share the stage with KK Downing rather than with Andy Sneap. Which is logical, because Andy is only the producer and never was a part of Judas Priest family. So, that's sad to see the band not accepting KK Downing anymore in the clan. And would like to see the Ripper-era albums back in sale.

Last edited:
I think Richie would prefer to share the stage with KK Downing rather than with Andy Sneap. Which is logical, because Andy is only the producer and never was a part of Judas Priest family. So, that's sad to see the band not accepting KK Downing anymore in the clan. And would like to see the Ripper-era albums back in sale.
I would have liked to have seen it too but KK only has himself to blame.

The band pretending that the Ripper era didn’t exist really tarnishes their reputation. It’s just ugly and mean spirited. They don’t have to play the songs but at least acknowledge the records exist. It kept the band alive whilst Rob was busy indulging himself and not giving a fuck.

Yep. Well, not only, but in large part. I've read his book a couple of times, coupled with Confess a couple of years later and followed the band for 20 years. It turned into a bad marriage, but K.K. burned down the house, walked away and was suprised to find that it hadn't rebuilt itself and made no good-faith effort to begin to himself either. He wants back in the band, but you typically don't open the door for an aggressive person throwing a fit, pounding and demanding to be let in.

Yes, I know. But, they should take him back. Forgiveness heals resentment and allows people to move forward more serenely on the path of life. Rob, Ian, Glenn and Scott are holding grudges and shouldn't be, given all the messages of peace they emit in their songs and interviews.

Yes, I know. But, they should take him back. Forgiveness heals resentment and allows people to move forward more serenely on the path of life. Rob, Ian, Glenn and Scott are holding grudges and shouldn't be, given all the messages of peace they emit in their songs and interviews.
Completely disagree, although I would have loved for K.K. to shred it up with Richie.

I’ve been listening to some random podcast interviews with Rob and Richie and some tidbits on the songwriting for Invincible Shield:
  • Panic Attack and God Is My Witness were based solely around Richie riffs.
  • The lyrics of Giants In The Sky are a tribute to Dio and Lemmy.
  • Rob’s favorite song off the record is Panic Attack.

Regarding the live sound, are Judas Priest still with Martin Walker? That guy ruined the Maiden live sound from 2012 to 2017 (i.e., from the moment Doug Hall left/was asked to leave to the time Maiden - luckily- found Pooch).

Well that's interesting. It was 2017 when I saw Maiden at that venue and the sound was poor. Maiden sounded far better there last year.

Like I say, Saxon sounded excellent just before Priest. Part of it will be that whole upping the volume for the headline act phenomenon, but I think some sound folk also feel the need for a crackly wall of sound for extra impact, and it does the bands no favours. It also makes me wonder if that venue's sound system doesn't cope well with this approach, because it sounds okay at the front.

The sound desk is high up between first and second tier, but they may be working on the sound as it's picked up right at the front of the stage.

The sound also noticeably changed when that song above started, and my first thought was "Oh no, the vocals are going to sound awful."

I think Rob put major effort into the vocals all night, actually. He pulled every trick possible from up his sleeve - deliberately aiming for an acceptable lower note if he was at risk of not hitting the high one, substituting a scream or different voice/vocal technique, or going for audience involvement in choruses! You know, all the stunts Bruce pulls on an off day....

I think Rob put major effort into the vocals all night, actually. He pulled every trick possible from up his sleeve - deliberately aiming for an acceptable lower note if he was at risk of not hitting the high one, substituting a scream or different voice/vocal technique, or going for audience involvement in choruses! You know, all the stunts Bruce pulls on an off day....
Often Rob will let the audience sing a good chunk of Breaking the Law. I saw one video where he let the audience sing the whole thing. If I have to hear that song again I would rather hear Rob sing it than the audience :lol:

More setlist changes for the 3rd show of the tour:

Live debuts of - Crown Of Horns (sounds nice live) and Sword Of Damocles! Finally, this is one of my favorites from ROS album. A surprise for sure. It's a specific live song though.

They also played Sinner and You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise.

I didn't expect the changes to start so soon. Kudos.

I really enjoyed it, Rob didn't even say that much but his presence is captivating, I really felt like I was in the same room as someone as somebody special.

Loved the setlist and was really pleased with the changes, especially the live debut from the new album, it was powerful live.

It was my first time seeing them so just felt lucky to be able to catch them and will see them again during the summer hopefully.

Back