Judas Priest

When I saw Sabaton on The Great War tour, they were already selling 10k as headliners in Finland, and they certainly haven't gotten smaller here since then. Priest are missing that by a couple of thousand tickets, at least. Still good numbers though.

Priest and Sabaton would play pretty similar sized venues in America. Adding them as an opener allows them to sell 80-90% of tickets in a 4,000 seat venue as opposed to each playing 1-2k venue as a headliner. Good deal for Sabaton.
Priest is playing the same amphitheater in Georgia as they did last time with Queensryche. Sabaton played here in a much smaller indoor theater

The last time Judas Priest played Chicago, they played a venue with a total capacity of 4,400. Sabaton was the opener. They’re playing the same venue next year.

The last time Sabaton played Chicago, they played a venue with a total capacity of 5,000 and it was at least 85% full.

:duckie:

Sabaton's up to Place Bell in Montreal on their own, which is 9k. Priest played TD Place Arena last time in Ottawa and sold it out, 7k.

I'm digging the epic intros. Keep 'em coming!
Another single so soon... I hope the album won't have more than 3 singles, although I expect 14 songs on it.

As with the previous single, good choice. This is a typical Reunion song for Priest (especially with Rob's vocals in the chorus) and it sounds straight out of Firepower, even more so than ''Panic Attack''. Actually, it has a big ''Spectre'' vibe. I think Ian had said they had a lot of ideas left over from those sessions. The intro is from the Valhalla/Hellrider's book (but not for a longer song this time) and sounds epic and heroic (the choir vocals in the background add to that). The main riff is really cool, great work by Richie again. Switching it to a melodic passage is another good idea. It has a dancing feel to it which is not that typical for the band and I love it. I like the verses a lot, while the chorus is melodic and memorable. The middle part with the heavy riffing and different verses elevates the song. Richie's solo sounds like one of his solos on the previous album, but it's nice. The repeated intro melody after it, along with the choir backing vocals is probably the best next part for the song. The outro with the scream is always good.

There are Rob's ''double vocals'' again, which is a great decision by the band for the last 2 albums imo. I want Maiden to do that too.

It's a song we've come to expect from Priest, and no matter how many times they make such type of songs, I'll never get tired of it. Invincible Shield is off to a great start. Priest will always deliver quality stuff. And Richie is a big part of that.

Imo, it's a nice song, production is good but the song itself is somewhat faceless? I formulated for myself my main gripe with nowadays Priest. I miss those, somewhat cheesy but uplifting songs like Heading Out to the Highway, Riding on the Wind, You've Got Another Thing Coming, Rock Hard Ride Free. Those songs which may be played when "hero is riding into the sunset" (in a good way) Those feel good and cheering songs. Am I asking too much?
Of course, there's also bad examples of such type of songs: Rock You All Around the World, Wild Nights, Hot and Crazy Days, Heavy Metal.

Imo, it's a nice song, production is good but the song itself is somewhat faceless?
It's a standard good Priest song these days with an extra touch, the melodic dancing riff (which Janick should like a lot :) ). Overall a memorable song, which is important. But - Panic Attack is more interesting.

I think I like Panic Attack a bit more, but Trial By Fire's Nostradamus-esque chorus is better.
I formulated for myself my main gripe with nowadays Priest. I miss those, somewhat cheesy but uplifting songs like Heading Out to the Highway, Riding on the Wind, You've Got Another Thing Coming, Rock Hard Ride Free.
I would like one such song on every album, but I prefer their ''even more metal'' stuff. The closest are Lightning Strike, Flame Thrower and Down In Flames from the last 2 albums.

Last edited:
Priest make a low budget black metal music video:

Still a great song, but such a nothing video. Based on this, maybe Glenn did play rhythm on the record? Or at least learned how to play a couple riffs for this video...
Imho, this video is very nice, simple and I think it was destined to promote the music itself. Maybe a lot of people asked the band to do a video for this song and the band didn't want to but as it likes to please its fans has decided to do it, just for fans.

All you commenting on "quality" of video and Andy and Glenn and here I am surprised I've actually seen Halford's eyes.
I can't remember when was the last time I saw without those pilot sunglasses.

So Priest is selling VIP packages for a Meet and Greet backstage............with the Road Crew...

JUDAS PRIEST METAL MASTERS/INVINCIBLE SHIELD TOUR VIP PACKAGE 2024
Judas Priest Metal Masters Backstage Experience:
-Backstage tour: includes an exclusive peek backstage at a Judas Priest show; meet some of the crew & check out what goes on behind the scenes
-Early venue access for Merchandise shopping
-Commemorative VIP Laminate
-Exclusive t-shirt only available to VIP ticket holders
*GA Concert ticket must be purchased separately, not included in this package
*VIP times & duration are subject to change
*All sales are final
*Full backstage experience details may vary based on date, location, venue and timing
For links to purchase VIP packages, see the Live section of our website
https://www.judaspriestinvincibleshield.com/events/

Back