Judas Priest

Wow, production sounds like a throwback to Somewhere in Time days. I am 99% sure that production will be one more nail into coffin of post reunion Maiden production style. :rolleyes:
Is it me, or that guitar playing is very Maidenish?

Last edited:
Well, this was a surprise, although I'm fairly confident this isn't representative of the album in general.

Wow, production sounds like a throwback to Somewhere in Time days. I am 99% sure that production will be one more nail into coffin of post reunion Maiden production style. :rolleyes:
Is it me, or that guitar playing is very Maidenish?
Like TWOTW, right? Richie changed the band's style with (a bit) Maiden flavor but heavier. It has a bit of a Somewhere In Time feel, especially in the drums, but the overall sound is modern. Turbo/Ram It Down vibe too. The production will be good for sure, maybe not that powerful like Firepower, which would be a nice change.
Well, this was a surprise, although I'm fairly confident this isn't representative of the album in general.
This. Maybe it was a song Richie carried over from his solo album sessions.
I agree, it's only intro to some song. But production feels very spacey and ethereal.
Yep. On their site, there is a short moving piece (before the album cover appears) that is a space. Maybe it's a theme to some songs, or just the sound of the album. The title and cover don't scream space though. Defenders Of The Galaxy lol.

The production will be good for sure, maybe not that powerful like Firepower, which would be a nice change.
It's Andy Sneap. The albums he has produced for around 15 years sound 90% the same between them all. He has his signature style, and that's what we will get. His signature sound with a slight tweak.

Short album trailer.

Is this music from the album/first single - wow. Turbo vibe intro! Overall, it has the vibe of Richie's solo album. The production sounds a bit different?

I know it is just an intro, but it sounds like the soundtrack of a computer game.

Some people are comparing this to the production of Maiden albums, but I’d rather NOT have Maiden sounding like that.

On the contrary, I would like to. After I heard Virtual XI, Dance of Death, AMOLAD, The Final Frontier. Yeah, definitely, for sure. Give me Andy Sneap version of Maiden album. Maybe just on one. Fora a healthy change. :mad:

I utterly and completely love the AMOLAD production. TFF has a lot of potential; it's a bit dry though, other than that I really like it.
DoD had a lot of good intentions and is fairly reminiscent of Powerslave in terms of sound ideal (although not nearly as good); it just wasn't finished.

At Power Trip? Maiden’s set is 110 minutes at best, depending on how long Bruce waffles on!
Standard Maiden length.

I utterly and completely love the AMOLAD production. TFF has a lot of potential; it's a bit dry though, other than that I really like it.
DoD had a lot of good intentions and is fairly reminiscent of Powerslave in terms of sound ideal (although not nearly as good); it just wasn't finished.
The guitarists had great sounds on Dance of Death, but something is not quite right. It's very loud, if that makes any sense.

I love how AMOLAD sounds. In particular Nicko.

I know it is just an intro, but it sounds like the soundtrack of a computer game.

Some people are comparing this to the production of Maiden albums, but I’d rather NOT have Maiden sounding like that.
Agreed! My first thought was how on earth anyone can want Andy Sneap for Maiden.

Painkiller sounds horrible.
It sounds just like it, with a select few exceptions, always has live. Painkiller has never been a song that transfers well to a live setting. It sounds better the way Ripper does it.

There was a couple of times in 2002 with his solo outfit that it sounded good live (didn't sound that nice on the Painkiller tour, mind you). 2004 was okay too. But after that, meh.

It sounds just like it, with a select few exceptions, always has live. Painkiller has never been a song that transfers well to a live setting. It sounds better the way Ripper does it.

There was a couple of times in 2002 with his solo outfit that it sounded good live (didn't sound that nice on the Painkiller tour, mind you). 2004 was okay too. But after that, meh.

As a wise man from the Midlands would say: “It is what it is, you know?”

Back