Journey to Maiden in Vegas...one night...17 hours long.

Bryan

"The Thin Line Between Love And Hate".......
Follow my blog as we prepare to travel 2363.41 miles across the United States to see Iron Maiden at the Mandalay Bay arena in Las Vegas Nevada....we are flying out that morning ..catching the show and then flying home......one night...17 hours long:
cryofthewolf68@blogspot.com
My review of the show plus gigantour and sabbath coming this summer.
Up The Irons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I am going to assume (because you said "flying 2300 miles across the US") that you are somewhere around or on the East Coast? They have got to be playing somewhere closer to you than Vegas (North Carolina? Tennessee? Missouri?).

Oh come on, Missouri sucks. A Maiden show at Vegas would kick so much ass, I'm seriously bummed that I probably won't be able to make it (Though I only live two states away).

Yes it does seem like a long way to travel for one concert. The real thing here is...it's Vegas...it's Maiden....it's all good. Once in a lifetime opportunity to do this and write about it...I think it's cool,,wasn't expecting the negativity about it.....oh and one more thing..this is my first Iron Maiden concert with Bruce on vocals, I saw them once with blaze.(good but not the same) Plus Megadeth...after this summers gigantour that will be three times seeing them this year.

Enjoy your first "reunion"-era concert. The Vegas show should be fun. But, why on earth wouldn't you stay in town for a bit longer?? The only gambling I like is sports gambling, and football season will be underway that weekend. I guess you save money if you never actually get a hotel room. But Vegas isn't a place to go to save money, in my view.

We have kids so we cant have someone watch them for too long. We just spent seven days there last year. We will get a room for showers and stuff but no sleeping...only on the plane.

Probably for the best. I don't like spending more than 30 hours at a time in Vegas -- the magic wears off quickly. Can't imagine spending a whole week. Good you'll have a room, which means you can go to the pool -- the Mandalay Bay has a pretty good one, lots of "talent" as I recall. Again, have fun! I debated going to to that show but settled on the San Berdoo show since I already plan to be in Vegas over Labor Day weekend.

Cool. My second time. Great place but I agree that anything longer than a few days is overkill.

Looks like the set list will be the same for the Vegas show. I was hoping to hear "die with your boots on", or " Invaders" but the list looks great anyway. 11 weeks away!

Just wishful thinking I guess. I really liked that song. Every song on that album is good of course, but that one just was always a favorite. BUt i'm glad just to be seeing them for the first time with bruce at the helm.

Just wishful thinking I guess. I really liked that song. Every song on that album is good of course, but that one just was always a favorite. BUt i'm glad just to be seeing them for the first time with bruce at the helm.

So far Las Vegas is the 1st sold out show for their North American leg of the tour

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if it was the only one too, based mainly on it's location and the fact that it's an indoor arena (that only seats 12,000 people). It's been sold out for several weeks now.

The only other ones that could potentially sell out are Nashville, Tennessee, and Kansas City, since those are also indoor; however, they are sports stadiums, and can seat up to over 19-20,000 people for concerts. I don't see them selling out, but they could.

The other locations are all outdoor amphitheaters and such, and while the seating may very sell out (looking up tickets right now for St. Louis, there are VERY few seats left), there will always be a near-infinite lawn ticket selection. Or well, more specifically, lawn seating can hold an addition 15-20,000 people for most amphitheaters.

So, I don't see any of the outdoor places selling out, though it is very hard for such a place to "sell out".

Awesome, I'll be at the St. Louis and Kansas City concerts. Also almost want to go to the Tennessee one... but none of my friends wanted to, and I didn't feel like going by myself. (And I guess that would be a lot of driving/expenses in just a three days period for all three concerts)

Perhaps we should schedule a meet at the concert in St. Louis? Haven't ever had a chance to meet anyone from this forum.

Well I can't make it to St. Louis. We will be in section 110 at mandalay bay....yeah it's kind of towards the back. Those were the best seats we could get. But still to be there in Vegas to see them..awesome. Saw Motley Crue on the opening night of their residency at the hard rock last year in vegas. This of course will be much,much better. Keep an eye on my blog for updates. Got the gigantour coming up this Friday.

Back