IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with the setlist as is. Unless they throw in some really rare song I can't see it being better than it already is.

I would also be fine with the 2012 set list, since it was amazing as it was.

However, if I recall correctly, don't they usually switch up a few songs (like 1, or 2 at least) for the different legs of the tour? Since they'll be doing Europe before these US dates (and this could technically be considered the second leg of the tour), what are the chances they'll change a couple of songs? I could've swore they did this the past few tours (particularly Somewhere Back In Time, where they did Wrathchild, Children of the Damned, Phantom, and The Evil That Men Do in 2009 but not 2008; and then The Final Frontier Tour differed GREATLY in it's 2011 set list from the 2010)?

So, I am hopeful that maybe one or two songs may be rotated out, and I would love to see any of the following:

Infinite Dreams, Killers, Still Life

I am not complaining though, if it was the same set list, just thrilled I am getting a chance to see them again so soon.

Not complaining here. Since I saw them last year I just wanna see another set since I'm going again this year.

Holy crap! That San Bernadino show is gonna be insane. I'm definitely getting tickets for this on Friday.

Why are they doing this mini-tour, though?

Wow! I thought you'd abandoned us. :p

That's what I was thinking, actually. Why would they be back in the US after last year? Maybe they planned to play in these cities last year but had to cancel it for some reason. Did they actually play in any of these places?

I had to choose between college and Maidenfans survivors. And trust me, it was very tempting to pick MF. :p

I think some of those venues haven't been played in a long time, and one of them I believe hasn't been played in twenty years. The San Bernadino venue has been played at recently. I saw them at that venue in 2010. It makes sense that they're coming back to the San Bernadino venue, though, because I remember last time, Bruce said it was one of the largest crowds they'd ever played.

Do you think they're going to hire a single plane again? If so, that could affect the choice of venue and cost-effective route around the world quite significantly.

Yea but there were more classics played when they toured the rest of the world. That NA tour was mostly reunion songs. Casual fans were pissed. A lot of bitching after the show I saw. To a lot of people, those were new songs.
The casual fans were pissed after Sonisphere 2010 as well. A lot of people on the festival's forums were complaining about the lack of classic songs.

Brigantium: I expect the set at Download to last for 1:50-2:00.

Infinite Dreams was rehearsed apparently but didn't work out well. I highly doubt that it'll be ready now. I'd be very disappointed if Hallowed came back; they were right, the set flowed well without it. It'd be great if they brought back Still Life.
Where did you hear this about the song being rehearsed?

Also, regarding the UK, maybe they'll add a few more dates in August, who knows?

I doubt it. They didn't do it when they headlined Download in 2007, or when they played Twickenham the following year, or when they headlined Sonisphere 2010.

That was a year after their Sonisphere appearance, and meant that they did the opposite of the 'A Matter of Life and Death' album tour where they did a UK tour in December 2006 at the end of the first part of the album touring process, then played at Download festival in June 2007 as part of the Matter of the Beast tour. They didn't follow up the Twickenham show with any other dates in 2008.

I would also like to point out that the 2006 UK dates were announced in March, nine months before the tour, and the 2011 dates were announced in November 2010, eight to nine months before the tour. If Iron Maiden were to announce more UK dates then it wouldn't follow the usual pattern that they and Live Nation have followed since at least 2006. No, it's too late for more UK dates to be announced and I suspect that Download festival will be their last UK show before the next album.

Without bothering to look I would say no. Dublin got a show the night before Sonisphere 2010 but I don't think they got anything on the Somewhere Back in Time Tour.

I think they got something on the Early Days tour, though.

It seems I'll be in Turkey in late July,vacationing with my family. So I'm thinking of attending the Maiden concert on 26th July at ITU stadium. Now I have a few questions for Flash (or any other Turkish members);a) I'm thinking bout purchasing Category 3 Tribün (220 TL) or Category 4 Tribün (170 TL) seats; are they sitting? (since my brother has a dodgy knee); b) from these seats,will I get a good view of the stage; c) how early should we enter the venue,and usually when does the concert end (like the 2011 concerts)? [sorry if I'm asking too many questions,but I have never been to Turkey before,and any other suggestion will be much appreciated :) ).

My tickets are ordered (well, I've paid for em, I have to print em out whenever I can... WTB box office collection option next time!) for Download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back